IJEP 41(8): 884-892 : Vol. 41 Issue. 8 (August 2021)
Wazir Alam*, S. Keisham, R. J. Laishram, Y. Gyanendra and N. Nesa
Manipur University, Department of Forestry and Environmental Science, Canchipur, Impha l- 795 003, Manipur, India
Hydrochemistry, Multivariate analysis, Water quality index, Ecohydrology, Irrigational water, Urban runoff, Sewage disposal
- United Nations. 2018. Sustainable development goal 6: Synthesis report 2018 on water and sanitation. United Nations Publications, New York, USA.
- Chen, J., et al. 2002. Major element chemistry of the Changjiang (Yangtze river). Chem. Geol., 187: 231-255.
- Fashae, O. A., et al. 2019. Land use and surface water quality in an emerging urban city. Appl. Water Sci., 9(25): 1-12.
- Lake, P., N. Bond and P. Reich. 2017. Restoration ecology of intermittent rivers and ephemeral streams. In Intermittent rivers ephemeral stream. pp 509-533.
- Zhenghui, L., et al. 2012. Water quality index as a simple indicator of drinking water source in Dongjiang river, China. Int. J. Env. Prot., 2: 16-21.
- Laishram, R. J. and W. Alam. 2019. Geochemical assessment of Nambul river water quality for domestic and irrigation uses, Imphal, Manipur. Taiwan Water Conser., 7(4): 1-18.
- APHA. 2005. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater (21st edn). American Public Health Association, Washington DC.
- Piper, A. M. 1953. A graphic procedure in the geochemical interpretation of water analysis. United States Geological Survey (USGS), Washington DC.
- Gibbs, R. J. 1970. Mechanism controlling world water chemistry. Sci., 170: 1088-1090.
- Prusty, P., et al. 2018. Assessment of the factors controlling groundwater quality in a coastal aquifer adjacent to the Bay of Bengal, India. Env. Earth. Sci., 77(22): 1-15.
- Hameed, A., et al. 2010. Application of water quality index for assessment of Dodkan lake ecosystem, Kurdistan region, Iraq. J. Water Resour. Prot., 2: 792-798.
- WHO. 2011. Guidelines for drinking water quality (4th edn). World Health Organization, Geneva, pp 224-334.
- Richards, L. A. 1954. Diagnosis and improvement of saline and alkali soils. In Agriculture handbook. US Department of Agriculture, Washington DC.
- Freeze, R. A. and J. A. Cherry. 1979. Groundwater. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- Bouwer, H. 1978. Groundwater hydrology. McGraw-Hill Book, New York.
- Wilcox, L. V. 1955. Classification and use of irrigation waters. Salinity laboratory circulation, Washington, USA.
- USSLS. 1954. Diagnosis and improvement of saline and alkaline soils. In Agriculture handbook. United States Salinity Laboratory Staff, US Department of Agriculture, Washington DC.
- Doneen, L. D. 1964. Notes on water quality in agriculture. Water science and engineering paper 4001, Department of Water Sciences and Engineering, University of California, USA.