IJEP 41(8): 953-960 : Vol. 41 Issue. 8 (August 2021)
Vels University, Department of Petroleum Engineering, Pallavaram – 600 117, Tamil Nadu, India
Fluorides, Hard rock, Spatial distribution, Correlation, Tiruppur taluk, Tamil Nadu
- Leung, D.C.W. and S.E. Hrudey. 1985. Removal of fluorides from water supplies. Alberta Environment Standards and Approval Divisions. pp 107.
- UNICEF. 2008. UNICEF handbook on water quality. United Nations Children’s Fund, New York.
- Ando, M., et al. 2001. Health effects of the fluoride pollutions caused by coal burning. Sci. Total Env., 271(1-3):107-116.
- Teotia, S. P. and M. Teotia. 1984. Endemic fluorosis in India: A challenging national health problem. J. Assoc. Physicians India. 32:347-352.
- Dissanayake, C. B. 1991. The fluoride problem in the groundwater of Sri Lanka -environmental management and health. Int. J. Env. Studies. 38(2): 137-155.
- Jacks, G., et al. 2005. Controls on genesis of some high fluorides groundwater in India. Appl. Geochem., 20 : 221–228.
- Keshari, A. K. and S. D. Dhiman. 2001. Genesis of the fluorides contamination in the western Indian aquifers. Theme 3: Point and non-point source pollution. Third Int conf. on Future groundwater resources at risk (FGR’01), Lisbon, Portugal. Procedings, pp 1-8.
- Ranjan, R.K., et al.. 2013. Hydrochemical characteristics of groundwater in the plains of Phalgu river in Gaya, Bihar, India. Arab. J. Geosci., 6 (9): 3257-3267.
- Carrillo-Rivera, J.J., A. Cardona and W. M. Edmunds. 2002. Use of the abstractions regime and the knowledge of hydrogeological conditions to control the higher fluoride concentration in abstracted groundwater: San Luis Potosí basin, Mexico. J. Hydrol., 261(1-4):24-47.
- Pitchamuthu, C.S. 1967. Physical geography of India. National Book Trust India, New Delhi.
- Milich, L. 1997. Deserts of the world.
- Arumugam, K. and K. Elangovan. 2009. Hydro-chemical characteristics and groundwater quality assessment in Tiruppur region, Coimbatore district, Tamil Nadu, India. Env. Geol., 58(2): 1509–1520.
- Rao, N.V.R., K.S. Rao and R. D. Schuiling. 1993. Fluorine distributions in water of Nalgonda district, Andhra Pradesh, India. Env. Geol., 21: 84–89.
- Frencken, J.E. 1992. Endemic fluorosis in developing countries: Causes, effects and possible solutions(report of a symposium held in Delft, The Netherlands, April 27th, 1990). TNO Institute for Preventive Health Care, Leiden, The Netherlands.
- CGWB. 2008. A profile of Coimbatore district, Tamil Nadu. Unpublished report. Central Groundwater Board. pp 35.
- APHA. 1995. A standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater (14th edn). American Public Health Association, Washington D.C.
- Golden Software Inc. 2002. Surfer 8. Golden Software Inc., Golden, Co., USA.
- MapInfo. 2012. MapInfo professional geographic information system software package version 11.5.1 (software). Pitney Bowes Software Inc., Troy, New York.
- WHO. 1973. Trace elements in human nutrition. A report of a WHO expert committee (WHO technical report series no. 532). World Health Organization, Geneva.
- WHO. 1983. Guideline to drinking water quality. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- WHO. 1996. Guidelines for drinking water quality. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- WHO. 2011. Guidelines for drinking-water quality (4th edn). World Health Organization, Geneva.
- Hem, J. D. 1985. Study and interpretation of the chemical characteristics of natural water (3rd edn). Scientific Publisher, Jodhpur, India.
- IS 10500. 2012. Drinking water specification. Pureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Keller, E.A. and F.J. Swanson. 1979. Effects of large organic material on channel form and fluvial processes. Earth Surface Processes. 4:361-380.
- Reddy, D.R., et al. 1985. Fluoride. 18(3):135–140.
- WHO. 1984. Fluorine and fluorides. Environmental Health Criteria Number 36. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- Hem, J. D. 1961. Calculation and use of ion activity (Geochemistry of water). Geological Survey Water Supply Paper 1S35-C. United States Govt. Printing Office, Washington.
- Kim, K. and S. T. Yun. 2005. Buffering of sodium concentration by cation exchange in the groundwater system of a sandy aquifer. Geochem. J., 39: 273–284.
- White, D. E., J. D. Hem and G. A. Waring. 1963. Chemical composition of sub-surface water (chapter F). In Data of geochemistry. Ed Michael Fleischer. United States Govt. Printing Office, Washington.
- Saxena, V. K. and S. Ahmed. 2001. Dissolution of fluoride in groundwater: a water-rock interaction study. Env. Geol., 40:1084–1087.
- Gupta, S.C., C.S. Doshi and B.L. Paliwal. 1986. Occurrence and chemistry of high fluoride groundwater in Jalore district of western Rajasthan. Ann Arid Zone. 25:255-264.