IJEP 42(10): 1194-1201 : Vol. 42 Issue. 10 (October 2022)
Swanand A. Ajgaonkar and S. Manjunatha*
Karnatak University, Department of Geology, Karnatak Science College, Dharwad, Karnataka, India
Eastern Dharwar Craton, Lingasugur, Water quality index, Geographic information system, Inverse distance weighted, Spatial distribution
- Brindha, K. and R. Kavitha. 2015. Hydrochemical assessment of surface water and groundwater quality along Uyyakondan channel, South India. Env. Earth Sci., 73(9): 5383-5393.
- Nickson, R.T., et al. 2005. Arsenic and other drinking water quality issues, Muzaffargarh district, Pakistan. Appl. Geochem., 20(1): 55-68.
- Falah, F., et al. 2017. Applicability of generalized additive model in groundwater potential modelling and comparison its performance by bivariate statistical methods. Geocarto Int., 32(10): 1069-1089.
- Bouderbala, A. 2017. Assessment of water quality index for the groundwater in the upper Cheliff plain, Algeria. J. Geol. Soc. India. 90(3): 347-356.
- Panda, P.K., et al. 2020. Assessment of pollution load in terms of water quality index of Salandi river in the command area of Hadagada dam and its downstream, Bhadrak, Odisha. Indian J. Env. Prot., 40(1): 3-11.
- Singh, A., et al. 2015. Spatio-temporal analysis of groundwater resources in Jalandhar district of Punjab state, India. Sustain. Water Resour. Manage., 1(3): 293-304.
- Tiwari, A. K., et al. 2017. Hydrogeochemical analysis and evaluation of surface water quality of Pratapgarh district, Uttar Pradesh, India. Appl. Water Sci., 7(4): 1609-1623.
- Radhakrishna, B. P. and R. Vaidyanandhan. 1994. Geology of Karnataka. Geological Society of India, Bangalore. pp 57-103
- APHA. 1995. Standard methods for examination of water and wastewater. American Public Health Association, Washington DC.
- WHO. 2011. Guidelines for drinking water quality. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
- IS 10500. 2012. Specification for drinking water. Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi, India.
- Ayer, R. S. and D.W. Westcot. 1985. Water quality for agriculture. In Irrigation and drainage paper 29 (rev. 1). Food and Agriculture Organization, Rome, Italy.
- Gibrilla, A., et al. 2011. Application of water quality index (WQI) and multivariate analysis for groundwater quality assessment of the Birimian and Cape coast granitoid complex: Densu river basin of Ghana. Water Qual. Exposure Health. 3(2): 63.
- Sadat-Noori, S.M., K. Ebrahimi and A.M. Liaghat. 2014. Groundwater quality assessment using the water quality index and GIS in Saveh-Nobaran aquifer, Iran. Env. Earth Sci., 71(9): 3827-3843.
- Shrivastava, V.S. and P.R. Patil. 2002. Tapti river water pollution by industrial wastes: A statistical approach. Nature Env. Poll. Tech., 1(3): 279-283.
- Logeshkumaran, A., et al. 2015. Hydro-geochemistry and application of water quality index (WQI) for groundwater quality assessment, Anna Nagar, part of Chennai city, Tamil Nadu, India. Appl. Water Sci., 5(4): 335-343.
- Hauke, J. and T. Kossowski. 2011. Comparison of values of Pearson’s and Spearman’s correlation coefficient on the same sets of data. Quaestiones Geographicae. 30(2): 87-93.
- Ketata, M., M. Gueddari and R. Bouhlila. 2012. Use of geographical information system and water quality index to assess groundwater quality in El Khairat deep aquifer (Enfidha, central east Tunisia). Arabian J. Geosci., 5(6): 1379-1390.