IJEP 42(11): 1310-1316 : Vol. 42 Issue. 11 (November 2022)
1. SKN Sinhgad College of Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Pandharpur, Maharashtra – 413 304, India
2. KIT College of Engineering, Kolhapur, Maharashtra – 416 234, India
3. Dr. Vithalrao Vikhe Patil College of Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra – 414 111, India
Sequencing batch reactor, Biofilm sequencing batch reactor, Dairy industry wastewater, biosludge, Biofilm carrier
- Andrade, L.H., et al. 2015. Reuse of dairy wastewater treated by membrane bioreactor and nanofiltration : Technical and economic feasibility. Brazilian J. Chem. Eng., 32:735-747.
- Karadag, D., et al. 2015. A review on anaerobic biofilm reactors for the treatment of dairy industry wastewater. Process Biochem., 50:262-271.
- Abdullah, E. and E. Serpil. 2015. An artificial neural network model for wastewater treatment plant of konya. Int. J. Intelligence Systems Applications Eng., 3(4):131-135.
- Kushwaha, J.P., V.C. Srivastava and I.D. Mall. 2011. An overview of various technologies for the treatment of diary wastewaters. Crit. Rev. Food Sci., 51:442-452.
- Ahmad, T., et al. 2016a. characterization of water treatment sludge and its reuse as coagulant. J. Env. Manage., 182:606-611.
- Dutta, K., et al. 2014. Effect of carriers on the performance of anaerobic sequencing batch biofilm reactor treating synthetic municipal wastewater. Int. Biodeterioration Biodegradation. 95:84-88.
- Ahmad, T., K. Ahmad and M. Alam. 2016b. Sustainable management of water treatment sludge through 3 ‘R’ concept. J. Cleaner Prod., 124:1-13.
- Ozturk, A., A. Aygun and B. Nas. 2019. Application of sequencing batch biofilm reactor (SBBR) in dairy wastewater treatment. Korean J. Chem. Eng., 36(2):248-254.
- Birwal, P., et al. 2017. Advanced technologies for dairy effluent treatment. J. Food Nutr. Popul. Health. 1:1-5.
- Marol, C., et al. 2017. Treatment of diary industry wastewater by adsorption method. Int. J. Adv. Eng. Res. Develop., 4:505-507.
- Nguyen, H. and P. Nguyen. 2013. Treatment of fishery wastewater by sequencing batch moving bed biofilm reactor (SBMBBR). International Conference on Environmental science and technology. Proceedings, pp 5-7.
- Sivaprakasam, S. and K. Balaji. 2019. Application of sequencing batch reactor in the degradation of diary industry wastewater. Int. J. Recent Tech. Eng., 8(2):2595-2599.
- APHA. 1998. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater (20th edn). American Public Health Association, Washington D.C.
- Sukhadev, V.S., S.W. Kulkarni and M. Wani. 2013. Physico-chemical characterization of dairy effluents. Int. J. Life Sci. Biotech. Pharm. Res., 2:182-191.
- Cristian, O. 2010. Characteristics of the untreated wastewater produced by food industry. Analele Universitatii din Oradea, Fascicula: Protectia Mediului. 15:709–714.
- Tawfik, A, M. Sobheyb and M. Badawya. 2008. Treatment of a combined dairy and domestic wastewater in an up-flow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB) reactor followed by activated sludge (AS system). Desalination. 227:167–177.
- Deshpande, D.P., P.J. Patil and S.V. Anekar. 2012. Biomethanation of dairy waste. Res. J. Chem. Sci.,
- Tikariha, A. and O. Sahu. 2014. Study of characteristics and treatments of dairy industry wastewater. J. Appl. Env. Microbiol., 2:16-22. DOI: 10.12691/jaem-2-1-4.
- Sathyamoorthy, G.L. and M.K. Saseetharan. 2012. Dairy wastewater treatment by anaerobic hybrid reactor- A study on the reactor performance and optimum percentage of inert media fill inside reactor. Res. J. Chem. Env., 16:51–56.
- Sirianuntapiboon, S., N. Jeeyachok and R. Larplai. 2005. Sequencing batch reactor biofilm system for treatment of milk industry wastewater. J. Env. Manage., 76:177-183.
- Shaha, S., G. Munavalli and S. Joshi. 2019. Study on domestic wastewater treatment by moving bed sequencing batch reactor. Int. J. Eng. Sci. Manage., 1(2):71-79.
- Patel, A., et al. 2016. Performance and evaluation study of dairy wastewater. Int. J. Adv. Tech. Eng. Sci., 4:172-176.
- Pathak, U., et al. 2016. Treatment of wastewater from a dairy industry using rice husk as adsorbent: Treatment efficiency, isotherm, thermodynamics and kinetics modelling. J. Thermodyn., 2016:1-7.
- Seyedsolehi, M., et al. 2017. Evaluation of moving-bed biofilm sequencing batch reactor (MBSBR) in operating A20 process with emphasis on biological removal of nutrients existing in wastewater. Int. J. Env. Sci. Tech., 15:199-206. DOI: 10.10 07/s13762-017-1360-9.