IJEP 42(5): 515-524 : Vol. 42 Issue. 5 (May 2022)
1. ERK Arts and Science College, Department of Chemistry, Dharmapuri – 636 905, Tamil Nadu, India
2. Shri Sakthikailassh Womens College, Department of Chemistry, Salem – 636 003, Tamil Nadu, India
3. Muthayammal Arts and Science College, Department of Physics, Rasipuram – 637 408, Tamil Nadu, India
4. ERK Arts and Science College, Department of Physics, Dharmapuri – 636 905, Tamil Nadu, India
CdS/Fe2O3/TiO2 ternary composites, Reactive Black 5, Solar light irradiation, anatase phase, Reusability
- Soutsas, K., et al. 2010. Decolourization and degradation of reactive azo dyes via heterogenous photocatalytic processes. Desalination. 250:345-350.
- Ghorai, T.K., K.B. Soumya and P. Panchanan. 2008. Photooxidation of different organic dyes (RB, MO, TB and BG) using Fe (III)-doped TiO2 nanophoto-catalyst prepared by novel chemical method. Appl. Surf. Sci., 254:7498-7504.
- Hosseini, F., E. Safaei and S. Mohebbi. 2017. Modified WO3nanorod with Pt nanoparticle as retrievable materials in catalytic and photocatalytic aerobic oxidation of alcohols. J. Nanopart. Res., 19:240.
- Li, H., et al. 2010. Water-soluble fluorescent carbon quantum dots and photocatalyst design. Angew. Chem. Int. Edn., 49:4430-4434.
- Kubacka, M. and G. Fernandez-Garcia. 2012. Advanced nanoarchitectures for solar photocatalytic applications. Chem. Rev., 112:1555-1614.
- Ye, R., et al. 2013. Coal as an abundant source of graphene quantum dots. Nat. Commun., 4:94-105.
- Baran, T., et al. 2018. Reverse type I core-Cul/shell-CuO:A versatile heterostructure for photo-electrochemical applications. Electrochim. Acta. 266:441-451.
- Baran, T., et al. 2016. An efficient CuxO photocathode for hydrogen production of neutral pH: New insights from combined spectroscopy and electrochemistry. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 8:21250-21260.
- Hu, S.L., et al. 2009. One-step synthesis of fluorescent carbon nanoparticles by laser irradiation. J. Mater. Chem., 19:484-488.
- Qua, Z., et al. 2018. Carbon quantum dots/KNbO3hybrid composites with enhanced visible-light driven photocatalytic activity toward dye wastewater degradation and hydrogen production. Mol. Catal., 445:1-11.
- Liu, S.W., J.G. Yu and M. Jaroniec. 2011. Anatose TiO2with dominant high-energy (001) facets : Synthesis, properties and applications. Chem. Mater., 23:4085-4093.
- Ran, J., et al. 2014. Earth-abundant cocatalysts for semiconductor-based photocatalytic water splitting. Chem. Soc. Rev., 43:7787-7812.
- Yang, J., et al. 2013. Roles of cocatalysts in photocatalysis and photoelectrocatalysis. Acc. Chem. Res., 46:1900-1909.
- Dharamaraj, N., et al. 2004. Nickel titanatenanao-fibres by electrospinning. Mater. Chem. Phys., 87(1):5-9.
- Nabanita, P., et al. 2015. A highly efficient non-enzymatic glucose biosensor based on a nanostructured NiTiO2/NiO material. New J. Chem., 39(10):8035-8043.
- Xia, Y. and L. Yin. 2013. Core-shell structured a-Fe2O3@TiO2nanocomposites with improved photocata-lytic activity in the visible light region. Phys. Chem. Phys., 15:18627-18634.
- Xin, S., H. Jing and C. Dong. 2008. Visible-light-induced photocatalyst based on nickel titanate nanoparticles. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 47(14):4750-4753.
- Fermin, D.J., E.A. Ponomarev and L.M. Peter. 1999. A kinetic study of CdS photocorrosion by intensity modulated photocurrent and photo electro-chemical impedance spectroscopy. J. Electroanal. Chem., 473:192-203.
- Gratzel, M. 2001. Photoelectrochemical cells. Nature. 414:338-344.
- Meissner, D. and R. Memming. 1988. Photoelectro-chemistry of cadmium sulphide. I. Reanalysis of photocorrosion and at band potential. J. Phys. Chem., 92:3476-3483.
- Della Gaspera, E., et al. 2011. Structural evaluation and hydrogen sulphide sensing properties of NiTiO3-TiO2sol-gel thin films containing Au nano-particles. Mater. Sci. Eng.: B. 176(9):716-722.
- Meltem, A., et al. 2006. Characterization of the hydrothermally synthesized nano-TiO2crystallite and the photocatalytic degradation of rhodamine B. J. Hazard. Mater. B. 129:164-170.
- Pouretedal, H.R. and S. Sabzevari. 2011. Photodegradation study of Congo red, methyl orange, methyl Red and methylene blue under simulated solar irradiation catalyzed by ZnS/CdS nano-composite. Desal. Water Treat., 28:247-254.
- Kundu, P., et al. 2011. Nanoscale ZnO/CdS hetero-structures with engineered interfaces for high photocatalytic activity under solar radiation. J. Mater. Chem., 21:4209-4216.
- Al-Ghouti, M.A., Khraisheh and S.J. Allen. 2003. The removal of dyes from textile wastewater : A study of the physical characteristics and adsorption mechanisms of diatomaceous earth. J. Env. Manage., 69(3):229-238.
- Sun, Q., et al. 2012. Effect of surface Fe2O3clusters on the photocatalytic activity of TiO2for phenol degradation in water. J. Hazard. Mater., 229-230:224-232.
- Sivakumar, S., A. Selvaraja and A.K. Ramasamy. 2013. Photocatalytic degradation of organic reactive dyes over MnTiO2/TiO2heterojunction composites under UV-visible irradiation. Photochem. Photobiol., 89:1047-1056.