IJEP 42(8): 1019-1024 : Vol. 42 Issue. 8 (August 2022)
1. Government Science College, Department of Zoology, Gadchiroli – 431 606, Maharashtra India
2. Mahatma Gandhi Mahavidhayala, Department of Zoology, Ahmedpur, Latur – 413515, Maharashtra, India
3. Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, School of Earth Sciences, Nanded – 431 606, Maharashtra, India
The aim of present investigation was to study the fish diversity of zooplankton with respect to some physical, chemical, ionic and biological studies conducted at Wainganga river. During the present study the water and fish samples were collected from five different sampling sites. This paper investigated the water quality and fish diversity cum distribution in Chamorshi tehsil of Gadchiroli, Maharashtra. The fish samples were qualitatively and quantitatively estimated and water samples were analyzed with various physical, chemical, ionic and biological studies following APHA. During the present investigation 21 fish species were found in the Wainganga river belonging to 6 orders, 10 families and 15 genera. The classifications and systematic position of fish fauna are explained with respect to physico-chemical and ionic parameters that were found below the permissible Iimits of the standards. Basically, the entire premise of the study area is in the remote and tribal natural area; hence, the contamination load is least.
Fish Diversity, Drinking water, Chamorshi, Gadchiroli, Physical, Chemical, Ionic parameters
- Nagarnaik, P.B. and P.N. Patil. 2012. Analysis of groundwater of rural area of Wardha city using physico-chemical and biological parameters. Int. J. Eng. Res. Applications. 2(3):803-807.
- Dahare, R. 2020. Study on zooplankton of freshwater pond of Sindewahi, Maharashtra, India. Int. Res. J. Sci. Eng., A7 (Special issue):471-474.
- FAO. 2012. The state of world fisheries and aquaculture. Fisheries and Aquaculture Department, Food and Agricultural Organization, United Nations, Rome, Italy.
- FAO. 2007. The state of world aquaculture and fisheries 2006. Fisheries and Aquaculture Department, Food and Agricultural Organization, United Nations, Rome, Italy.
- World Fish Centre. 2002. Fish : An issue for everyone. A concept paper for fish for all.
- David, A. 1963. Studies on fish and fisheries of the Godavari and Krishna river systems. Part I. Proceedings National Academy Sci., 33(2):263-293.
- Yadav, B.E. 2004. Fauna of Pench National Park (Maharashtra): Pisces. Conservation Area Series, 20:129-139. Zoology Survey of India, Kolkata.
- Yadav, B.E. 2006. Fauna of Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (Maharashtra): Fishes. Conservation Area Series, 25: 137-160. Zoology Survey of India, Kolkata.
- Rankhomb, S.V. 2011. Ichthyofaunal diversity of Godavari river at Mudgal tahsil, Pathri district, Parbhani. Res. Sci. Tech., 3(12):11-13.
- Tijare, R.V. and M.R. Thosar. 2008. Ichthyofaunal study form the lake Gadchiroli district, Maharashtra, India. J. Aquatic Biol., 23(2):29-31.
- Gedekar, S.G. and R.V. Tijare. 2012. Study of Ichthyofauna of river Wainganga, Markandadeo region, tahsil Chamorshi, District Gadchiroli, Maharashtra. Bionano Frontier. S(2):155-158.
- APHA. 1998. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater (20th edn). American Public Health Association, Washington DC.
- Srivastava, Gopalji. 2007. Fishes of UP and Bihar. Vishwavidhyalaya Prakasan, Varanasi.
- Rewatkar, S.B., et al. 2015. Study of hydrochemistry of Wainganga river Desaiganj (Wadsa) in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra state (India), with reference to correlation study. Int. Res. J. Eng. Tech., 2(5):1348-1362.
- Rathod, S.R. and S.E. Shinde. 2012. Fish diversity status of Wainganga river at Pauni, district Bhandara, Maharashtra, India. Bionano Frontier. 5(2):256-258.
- Solanki, H., K. Borana and T. Zafar. 2014. Ichthyofauna of Wainganga river at Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh. Int. J. Res. Appl. Natural Social Sci., 2(5):241-246.
- Shaikh, P.R. et al. 2013. Study on water quality and tourism development of Sahastrakund waterfall, Maharashtra. J. Appl. Tech. Env. Sanitation. 3(4):147-151.
- Yannawar, V.B., et al. 2013. Water quality of hot water Unkeshwar spring of Maharashtra, India. Int. J. Innovation Appl. Studies. 3(2):541-551.
- Yannawar, V.B., et al. 2013. Water quality assessment of Nagzari dam of Maharashtra. J. Appl. Tech. Env. Sanitation. 3(3):111-116.
- Yannawar, V.B. and A.B. Bhosle. 2013. Cultural eutrophication of Lonar lake, Maharashtra, India. Int. J. Innovation Appl. Studies. 3(2):504-510.
- Yannawar, V.B., et al. 2014. Diversity of freshwater algae from the Sahastrakund water fall, Nanded, Maharas-htra, India. Indo American J. Pharm. Res., 4(3):1586-1590.
- Narwade, K.B., et al. 2015. Identification of freshwater algae from Sahastrakund waterfall, Nanded, Maharashtra. Rep. Opinion. 7(4):9-15.
- WHO. 1993. Guidelines for drinking water quantity (2nd edn). World Health Organization, Geneva.