IJEP 43(3): 236-242 : Vol. 43 Issue. 3 (March 2023)
1. Universitas Negeri Makassar, Department of Population and Environment Education, Makassar 90222, South Sulawesi, Indonesia
2. Universitas Negeri Makassar, Department of Environmental Science Education, Makassar 90222, South Sulawesi, Indonesia
3. Universitas Negeri Makassar, Department of Engineering Vocational Education, Makassar 90222, South Sulawesi, Indonesia
Individual behaviour can develop into social behaviour, which is a behaviour with a higher level because social behaviour is addressed explicitly to other people. This research aims to measure the validity and reliability of each indicator, that is a measurement variable (manifest variable) for each variable that cannot be measured directly (latent variable). From the method of implementation, this research is survey research. Survey research is used to solve large-scale issues with a substantial population, so considerable sample size is required. This research was carried out for 4 months, from June 2020 to September 2020. The research location was planned to be conducted in Barru Regency, South Sulawesi Province. The sampling technique was purposive random sampling with a sample of 200 respondents consisting of people who carry out mineral mining as their main livelihood. The data analysis used confirmatory factor analysis (CFA) which was processed through the IBM AMOS 22 programme. The goodness of fit results (CMIN/DF, GFI, RMSEA, CFI, PNFI), composite reliability (CR) and loading factor of the measurement model has met the minimum recommended requirements. The research model’s measurement of validation and reliability shows that the indicators that make-up the behavioural, attitude and knowledge variables are reliable. Managing mineral resources requires a strategy for maintaining the settlement environment, formed through environmental knowledge, attitudes and motivation.
Confirmatory factor analysis, Self-assessment, Sustainable development, Human behaviour
- Tietenberg, T. and L. Lewis. 2018. Environmental and natural resource economics. Routledge.
- Jabareen, Y. 2008. A new conceptual framework for sustainable development. Env. Develop. Sustain., 10(2):179-192.
- Schultz, P. 2002. Inclusion with nature : The psychology of human nature relations. In Psychology of sustainable development. Springer. pp 61-78.
- Ali, M.I., S.A. Rachman and A.H. Hasim. 2021. Sustainable environmental education for pro-environmental engineering students : The assessment of a measurement model. Global J. Eng. Education. 23(2):156-162.
- Patandean, A.J. and A.H. Hasim. 2018. Geophysical exploration in hot spring region, Soppeng regency, Indonesia. J. Series: J. Physics. Conf. Series. DOI:10.1088/1742-6596/1028/1/012197.
- Ali, M.I., A.H. Hasim and M.R. Abidin. 2019. Monitoring the built-up area transformation using urban index and normalized difference built-up index analysis. Int. J. Eng. Transactions B: Applications. 32(5):647-653. DOI:10.5829/ije.2019.32.05b.04.
- Ronny and A.H. Hasim. 2018. Effectiveness of multiple tray-aerators in reducing iron (Fe) water wells in Gowa Regency, Indonesia. Ecol. Env. Conser., 24(1):22-25.
- Ali, M.I. 2019. The consequences of illegal mining in the environment: Perspectives behavioural knowledge and attitude. Int. J. Env. Eng. Education. 1(1):25-33.
- Ali, M.I., et al. 2019. Detection of changes in surface water bodies urban area with NDWI and MND WI methods. Int. J. Adv. Sci. Eng. Inf. Tech., 9(3):946-951. DOI : 10.18517/ijaseit. 9.3.8692.
- Darhamsyah, D. 2019. Environmental governance urban : Public participation and sustainable development. Int. J. Env. Eng. Education. 1(1):17-24.
- Abdeljalil, A., S. Nabil and M. Rachid. 2022. The environmental aspect and impacts for industrial sites : Methodological framework and evaluation. Int. J. Env. Eng. Education. 4(1):5-10.
- Falah, M.D. 2020. Geoelectric method implementation in measuring area groundwater potential : A case study in Barru Regency. Int. J. Env. Eng. Education. 2(1):1-8.
- Gerace, T.A. and R. Vorp. 1984. Epidemiology and behaviour. In Behavioural medicine: A biopsycho-social approach. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, New Jersey, USA.
- Nisbet, E.K., J.M. Zelenski and S.A. Murphy. 2009. The nature relatedness scale : Linking individuals concentration with nature to environmental concern and behaviour. Env. Behaviour. 4(5):715-740.
- Clayton, S. and G. Myers. 2015. Conservation psychology : Understanding and promoting human care for nature (2nd edn). Wiley and Blackwell.
- Papagiannakis, G. and S. Lioukas. 2015. Values attitudes and perceptions of managers as predictors of corporate environmental responsiveness. J. Env. Manage., 100:41-51.
- Ajzen, I. 2005. Attitudes, personality and behaviour (2nd edn). McGraw-Hill Education, Berkshire, England.
- Creswell, J.W. and V.L.P. Clark. 2018. Designing and conducting mixed methods research (3rd edn). Sage Publications.
- Domyei, Z. and T. Taguchi. 2009. Questionnaires in second language research: construction, administration and processing. Routledge.
- Fowler Jr., F.J. 2013. Survey research methods. Sage Publication.
- Fraenkel, J.R. and N.E. Wallen. 2009. How to design and evaluate research in education (7th edn). McGraw-Hill Higher Education, Berkshire, England.
- Dilalla, L.F. 2000. Structural equation modelling : Uses and issues. In Handbook of applied multivariate statistics and mathematical modelling. Ed E.A. Tinsley and S.D brown. Academic Press. pp 439-464.
- Hair, J.F., et al. 2014. Multivariate data analysis. Pearson New International edition (7th edn). DOI : 10.1038/25943360.
- Johnson, R.B. and L. Christensen. 2019. Educational research quantitative, qualitative and mixed approaches. Sage Publications.
- Hair Jr., J.F., M.C. Howard and C. Nitzl. 2020. Assessing measurement model quality in PLS-SEM using confirmatory composite analysis. J. Business Res., 109:101-110.
- Fan, X., B. Thomposon and L. Wang. 1999. Effects of sample size, estimation methods and model specification on structural equation modelling fit indexes. Structural Equation Model. Multidisciplinary J., 6(1):56-83.
- Hu, L. and P.M. Bentler. 1999. Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis : Conventional criteria versus new alternatives. Structural Equation Model. Multidisciplinary J., 6(1):1-55.
- Rigdon, E.E. 1996. CFI vs RMSEA : A comparison of two fit indexes for structural equation modelling. Structural Equation Model. Multidisciplinary J., 3(4):369-379.
- Garson, G.D. 2016. Partial least squares : Regression and structural equation modelling. Statistical Publishing Associates.
- Kollmuss, A. and J. Agyeman. 2002. Mind the gap : Why do people act environmentally and what are the barriers to pro-environmental behaviour? Env. Education Res., 8(3):239-260.
- Petrzelka, P., P.F. Korsching and J.E. Malia. 1996. Farmers attitudes and behaviour toward sustainable agriculture. J. Env. Education. 28(1):38-44.
- Suarlin, S. and M.I. Ali. 2020. The effect of environmental education learning on students at university. Int. J. Env. Eng. Education. 2(3):49-56.