IJEP 43(5): 431-439 : Vol. 43 Issue. 5 (May 2023)
Manipur University, Department of Forestry and Environmental Science, Imphal, Manipur-795 003, India
Community ponds, Water quality index, Water chemistry, Surface runoff, Urban environment
- Holmgren, T. 2014. Stockholm water treatment : A forum for global water issues. International Water Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Gleick, P. 1997. Water 2050 : Moving toward a sustainable vision for the earth’s freshwater. Working paper for the Pacific Institute for Studies in Development, Environment and Security, Oakland, California.
- PHED. 2009. National rural drinking water programme (NRDWP). Public Health Engineering Department, Govt. of Manipur.
- Alam, W. and S.J. Haravane. 2020. Assessment of water security status for few habitations of Paomata sub-division of Manipur, India. J. Indian Water Works Assoc., 52(1):197-204.
- Salameh, E. 2000. Redefining the water poverty index. Water Int., 25(3):469-473.
- Houngbo, G.F. 2018. The United Nations world water development report 2018 : Nature-based solutions for water. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, Paris, France.
- Alam, W., et al. 2019. Hydrogeochemical assessment of groundwater arsenic and fluoride contamination in Thoubal district, Manipur, India. J. Earth Sci. India. 12(1):38-52.
- MASTEC. 2007. Report on water harvesting and water conservation in Imphal East I block, Imphal East district of Manipur. Manipur Science, Technology and Environment Council, Govt. of Manipur.
- Seckler, D., et al. 1998. World water demand and supply, 1990 to 2025 : Scenarios and issues. Research report 19. International Water Management Institute, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Sadoff, C. and M. Muller. 2009. Water management, water security and climate change adaptation : Early impacts and essential responses. Background paper no. 14. Global water Partnership, Stockholm.
- INCCA. 2010. Indian network for climate change assessment report. Ministry of Environment and Forest, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Morrison, J., et al. 2009. Water scarcity and climate changes : Growing risks for business and investors. A Ceres report. Pacific Institute, Boston.
- Census. 2011. District census handbook, Imphal West and East district. census of India. Series 15, Part XII-B. Directorate of Census Operation, Govt. of Manipur.
- MSAPCC. 2015. Manipur state action plan for climate change. Directorate of Environment, Govt. of Manipur, India.
- Alam, W. and G. Yummam. 2017. Hydrogeochemical assessment of groundwater resources of Imphal city. J. Indian Water Works Assoc., 39(3): 197-204.
- ENVIS. 2015. Manipur, status of environment and related issues. ENVIS Centre, Manipur, Directorate of Environment, Ministry of Environment and Forest, Govt. of India.
- Alam, W. 2019. A review on the scopes of ecotourism in Manipur : An approach for environmental conservation. Int. J. Sci. Res. Reviews. 8(1):172-187.
- APHA. 2005. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater (21st edn). American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association and Water Environment Federation, Washington, D.C.
- WHO. 2011. Guidelines for drinking water quality (4th edn). World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Horton, R.K. 1965. An index number system for rating water quality. J. Water Poll. Control Fed., 37:300-306.
- Alam, W., et al. 2020. Hydrogeochemical assessment of groundwater quality for few habitations of Chandel district, Manipur (India). Appl. Water Sci., 10(5):1-13.
- Piper, A.M. 1944. A graphic procedure in the chemical interpretations of water analysis. American Geo-phy. Union Trans., 25:914-923.
- Gibbs, R.J. 1970. Mechanism controlling world water chemistry. Sci., 170:1088-1090.
- CGWB. 2013. Groundwater information booklet, Imphal East district, Manipur. Technical report series : D. No. 27/2013-14. Central Ground Water Board, North Eastern Region, Ministry of water Resources, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Hameed, A., et al. 2010. Application of water quality index for assessment of Dodkan lake ecosystem, Kurdistan region, Iraq. J. Water Resour. Prot., 2:792-798.
- Sullivan, C. 2002. Calculating water poverty index. World Develop., 30(7):1195-1210.
- UN Water. 2018. The United Nations world water development report 2018 : Nature-based solutions for water. UNESCO, Paris.