IJEP 41(11): 1268-1276 : Vol. 41 Issue. 11 (November 2021)
1. Punjabi University, Department of Geography, Patiala – 147 002, Punjab, India
2. Hindu College, Department of Geography, Amritsar – 143 001, Punjab, India
Biological oxygen demand, Physico-chemical analysis, Dissolved oxygen, Correlation
- Pegram, Guy. 2010. Global water scarcity risks and challenges for business. Llyod’s 360 risk insight and wwf. Available at : https://www. greenbiz.com/research/report/2010/04/27/global-water-scarcity-risks-and-challenges-business.
- UNEPFI and SIWI. 2005. Challenges of water scarcity : A business case of financial institutions. Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) and Swedish Water House (SWH). United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative and Stockholm International Water Institute. Available at : https://www.unepfi.org/fileadmin/documents/challenge_water_scarcity_2005.pdf.
- UN. 2007. Coping with water scarcity challenge of the twenty-first century. FAO, United Nations. Available at : http//www.fao.org/3/a-aq 444 e. pdf.
- Jindal, R. and C. Sharma. 2011. Studies on water quality of Sutlej river around Ludhiana with reference to physico-chemical parameters. Env. Monit. Assess., 174(1-4):417-425.
- Chauhan, B.S. and S.K. Sagar. 2013. Impact of pollutants on water quality of river Sutlej in Nangal area of Punjab, India. Biol. Forum Int. J., 5(1):113-123.
- Sharma, C. and U.B. Singh. 2014. Pollution status of river Sutlej in the region of Punjab (India) : Based on species diversity indices. Int. J. Eng. Sci. Res. Tech., 3 (8):696-700.
- Sharma, N. and Y.K. Walia. 2016. Water quality evaluation of Sutlej river with reference to heavy metals at Himachal Pradesh, India. Biol. Forum Int. J., 8(2):405-409.
- BIS. 2012. Drinking water specification. Bureau of Indian standards, New Delhi.
- WHO. 2004. Guidelines of drinking water quality (3rd edn). World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
- CGWB. 2014. Water quality issues and challenges in Punjab. Central Ground Water Board, Government of India.
- PPCB. 2014. Annual report and accounts. Punjab Pollution Control Board, Government of Punjab.