IJEP 41(11): 1263-1267 : Vol. 41 Issue. 11 (November 2021)
1. Hindu College, Pollution Ecology Research Laboratory, Department of Botany, Moradabad – 244 001, UP, India
2. IFTM University, School of Science, Moradabad – 244 002, UP, India
Covid-19, Lockdown, Air quality index, Air quality improvement, Industrial city Moradabad
- BMJ Best Practice. 2020. Corona virus disease 2019 (Covid-19): The right clinical information, right where it’s needed. Basic.
- WHO. 2020. Novel coronavirus outbreak in China– What does it mean for Europe? International Health Regulation. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- Clarendon Medical Centre. 2020. Coronavirus (Covid-19) primary care. Available at : https://www.claren donmedicalcentre. com/2020/02/20/coronavirus-primary-care-covid-19.
- CPCB. 2020a. Impact of lockdown (25th March to 15th April) on air quality. Central Pollution Control Board, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Gettleman, J. and K. Schultz. 2020. Modi orders 3-week total lockdown for all 1.3 billion Indians. The New York Times.
- Anonymous. 2020. Coronavirus as it happened: Merkel warns that easing restrictions too fast would be a ‘mistake’. Deutsche Welle, Germany
- Rangrass, M. and D. Singh. 2020. Impact of Covid-19 and the lockdown on air pollution in national capital region. Swaniti Initiative. 1-11.
- Koundal, A. 2020. Covid-19 lockdown: Air quality in india’s major industrial cities improve by upto 60% compared to last year. ET Energy World. Available at : https://energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/oil-and-gas/covid-19-lockdown-air-quality-in-indias-major-industrial-cities-improve-by-up-to-60-compared-to-last-yr/74931010.
- EPA. 2014. Air quality index: A guide to air quality and your health (EPA-456/F-14-002). U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Guttikunda, S. K., R. Goel and P. Pant. 2014. Nature of air pollution, emission sources and management in the indian cities. Atmos. Env., 95: 501-510.
- Chauhan, A., et al. 2019. Assessment of air pollutants at selected monitoring stations of Moradabad. Indian J. Env. Prot., 39 (3): 219-225.
- Gangwar, C., et al. 2019. Assessment of air pollution by illegal e-waste burning to evaluate the human health risk. Env. Int., 125: 191-199.
- CPCB. 2013. Guidelines for the measurement of ambient air pollutants (vol I). National Ambient Air Quality Series: NAAQMS /36/2012-13. Central Pollution Control Board, New Delhi.
- Jacob, M.B. and J.B. Hochheiser. 1958. Continuous sampling and ultra-micro determination of nitrogen dioxide in air. J. Anal. Chem., 30: 426–428.
- West, P. W. and G. C. Gaeke. 1956. Fixation of sulphur dioxide as sulphitomurcurate (II) and subsequent colourimetric determination. J. Anal. Chem., 28: 1816-1819.
- Watts, J. and N. Kommenda. 2020. Coronavirus pandemic leading to huge drop in air pollution. The Guardian. Available at : https://www.dhushara.com/Biocrisis/20/3/pollution%20drop.Reduce%20to%20300%20dpi%20average% 20quality%20-%20 STANDARD%20COMPR-ESSION. pdf.
- Shrestha, A. M., et al. 2020. Lockdown caused by Covid-19 pandemic reduces air pollution in cities worldwide. EarthArXiv. DOI:10.31223/osf.io/edt4j.
- He, G., Y. Pan and T. Tanaka. 2020. Covid-19, city lockdowns and air pollution: Evidence from China. MedRxiv. DOI: 10.1101/2020.03. 29.2004 6649.
- Liu, F., et al. 2020. Abrupt declines in tropospheric nitrogen dioxide over China after the outbreak of Covid-19. Available at : https://arxiv.org/abs/2004. 06542.
- Jayamurugan, R., et al. 2013. Influence of temperature, relative humidity and seasonal variability on ambient air quality in a coastal urban area. Int. J. Atmos. Sci. DOI: 10.1155/2013/264046.
- CPCB. 2020b. Impact of janta curfew and lockdown on air quality. Central Pollution Control Board, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Sharma, S., et al. 2020. Effect of restricted emissions during covid-19 on air quality in India. Sci. Total Env., 728:1-8.
- Guttikunda, S.K. and R. V. Kopakka. 2014. Source emissions and health impacts of urban air pollution in Hyderabad, India. Air Qual. Atmos. Heal., 7, (2):195-207.
- Mahato, S., S. Pal and K. G. Ghosh. 2020. Effect of lockdown amid Covid-19 pandemic on air quality of the megacity Delhi, India. Sci. Total Env., 730:1-23.