IJEP 41(12): 1352-1359 : Vol. 41 Issue. 12 (December 2021)
Covenant University, Department of Physics, College of Science and Technology, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria
Radionuclides, Radiological hazards, Radiometric analysis, Gamma-index, External hazard index
- Pavlidou, S., A. Koroneos and G. Christofides. 2005. Imported plutonic rocks used in Greece as building materials : Mineralogy, petrology, geochemistry and physico-mechanical properties. Mineral Wealth. 135:37-54.
- Ghosh, D., et al. 2008. Assessment of alpha activity of building materials commonly used in West Bengal.
- Todorovic, N., et al. 2017. Concentration of 236Ra, 232Th and 40K in industrial kaolinized granite. J. Env. Radioactivity. 168:10-14.
- Righi, S. and L. Bruzzil. 2006. Natural radioactivity and radon exhalation in building materials used in Italian dwellings. J. Env. Radioactivity. 88:158-170.
- EC. 1999. Radiological protection principles concerning the natural radioactivity of building materials. Radiation Protection report (RP-112). European Commission, Luxembourg.
- UNSCEAR. 1993. Sources and effects of ionizing radiation. Report to the General Assembly with Scientific Annexes. United Nations Sceintific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation. United Nations Publications, New York, USA.
- Song, G., et al. 2012. Natural radioactivity levels in top-soil from the Pearl river delta zone, Guangdong, China. J. Env. Radioactivity. 103:48-53.
- Trevisi, S., et al. 2012. Natural radioactivity in building materials in the Europian Union:A database and an estimate of radiological significance. J. Env. Radioactivity. 105:11-20.
- Guillen, J., et al. 2014. Assessment of radiological hazard of commercial granites from Extramadura (Spain). J. Env. Radiation. 132:81-88.
- Dose, M., et al. 2018. Naturally occuring radio activity in some Swedish concretes and their constituents assessment by using I-index and dose model. J. Env. Radioactivity. 155-156:105-111.
- Ali, S., et al. 1996. Gamma-ray activity and dose rate of brick samples from some areas of North-West Frontier Province (NWFP), Pakistan. Sci. Total Env., 187(3):247-252.
- Tufail, M., et al. 1992. Natural radioactivity in the ceramics used in dwelling as construction material. Sci. Total Env., 127(3):243-253.
- Tufail, M., et al. 1994. Radiation doses in Pakistan houses. Sci. Total Env., 42(3):171-177.
- Chen, C.J., P.S. Weng and T.C. Chu. 1993. Radon exhalation rate from various building materials. Health Physics. 64(6):613-619.
- Khan, A.J., R. Prasad and R.K. Tyagi. 1992. Measurment of radon exhalation rate from some building materials. Nuclear Tracs Radiations Measurements. 20(4):609-610.
- IAEA. 1989. Measurement of radionuclides in food and the environmen. Technical reports (series no. 295). International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria.
- Alnour, I., et al. 2012. Natural radioactivity measurement in the granite rock of quarry sites, Johor, Malaysia. Radiation Physics Chem., 81(12):1842-1847.
- Ibrahim, N.M., et al. 1993. Measurement of radioactivity level in soil in Nile delta and middle Egypt. Health Physics. 4:620-627.
- Maxwell, O., et al. 2013. Comparison of activity concentration of 238U, 232Th and 40K in different layers of subsurface structure in Dei-Dei and Kubwa, Abuja, north-central Nigeria. Radiation Physics Chem., 91:70-80.
- Maxwell, O., et al. 2013. Measurement of 238U, 232Th and 40K in boreholes at Gosa and Lugbe, Abuja, north-central Nigeria. Radiation Prot. Dosimetry. 1-7. DOI: 10.1093/rpd/nct140.
- Supian, B. and C.J. Evans. 1992. Statistics and nuclear counting: theory, problems and solutions. Statistics Errors Measurements. 26-35.
- Ahmed, N.K. 2005. Measurement of natural radioactivity in building materials in Oena city, upper Egypt. J. Env. Radioact., 83:91-99.
- Hamby, D. M. and A.K. Tynybekov. 2002. Uranium, thorium and potassium in soils along the shore of the lake Issyk-Kyol in the Kyrghyz Republic. Env. Monitor. Assess., 73:101-108.
- OECD. 1979. Exposure to radiation from the natural radio-activity in building materials. Report by a group of experts of the OECD Nuclear Energy Agency. Organization for Economic Corporation and Development, Paris.
- UNSCEAR. 2000. Sources and effects of ionizing radiation. United Nations Scientific Committee on the effects of Atomic Radiation, New York.
- Beck, H. L. 1966. Environmental gamma radiation from deposited fission products (1960-1964). Health Phys., 12(3):313-322.
- Akinloye, M. K., G.A. Isola and O.O. Oladapo. 2012. Investigation of natural gamma radioactivity levels and associated dose rates from surface soils in ore metropolis, Ondo state, Nigeria. Env. Natural Resour. Res., 2: 140-145.
- Avwiri, G.O., F.U. Nte and A.I. Olanrewaju. 2011. Determination of radionuclide concentration of landfill at Eliozu, Port Harcourt, Rivers state. Sci. Africana. 10.
- Krisiuk, E.M., et al. 1971. A study on radioactivity in building materials. Leningrad, Ministry of Public Health of the RFSR. Leningrad Research Institute for Radiation Hygiene.
- Stranden, E. 1976. Some aspects of radioactivity of building materials. Phys. Norvegia. 8:167-173.
- Krieger, R. 1981. Radioactivity of construction materials. Betonwerk Fertigteil Technik. 47:468-473.
- Swedjenmark, G.A. 1986. Swedish limitation schemes to decrease radon daughters in indoor air. Health Physics. 51:569-578.
- Bruzzi, L., et al. 2000. Radioactivity in raw materials and end products in the Italian ceramics industry. J. Env. Radioact., 47:171-181.
- Markkanen, M. 1995. Radiation dose assessment for materials with elevated natural radioactivity (STUK-B_STO 32). Finnish Centre for Radiation and Nuclear Safety, Helsinki, Finland.
- Amin, S.A. and M. Naji. 2013. Natural radioactivity in different commercial samples used in Yemeni buildings. Radiation Physics Chem., 86:37-41.
- Xinwei, L. 2004. Radioactivity level in Chinese building ceramic tile. Radiat. Prot. Dosim., 112(2):323-327.
- Kumari, R., K. Kant and M. Garg. 2017. Natural radioactivity in rock samples of Aravali hills in India. Int. J. Radiation Res., 15(4):391-398.
- NCRP. 2014. Report no. 175 – Decision making for late-phase recovery from major nuclear or radiological incidents. National Council on Radiation Potection and Measurements.
- UNSCEAR. 1998. Sources, effects and risks of ionizing radiation. Report to the General Assembly with Annexes. United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation. United Nations Publication, New York, USA.