IJEP 41(2): 194-201 : Vol. 41 Issue. 2 (February 2021)
Gujarat University, Lifescience Department, School of Science, Ahmedabad, Gujarat – 380 009, India
Heavy metal contamination, Bioremediation, Electroplating industries, Electroplating effluents, Physico-chemical parameters, Bacteriological profile
- Shukla, D.P., et al. Eco-friendly approach for environment pollution: A review on bioremediation. Int. J. Current Adv. Res., 6(10): 6956-6961.
- Shuklaj, D.P., K.B. Vaghela and N.K. Jain. 2017. Assessment of physico-chemical and bacteriological water quality parameters: A review. J. Pharmacy Integrated Life Sci., 5(2):1-17.
- Lasat, M. M. 2002. Phytoextraction of toxic metals: A review of biological mechanisms. Env. Quality. 31:109-120.
- Kavamura, V. N. and E. Esposito. 2010. Biotechnological strategies applied to the decontamination of soils polluted with heavy metals. Adv., 28:61-69.
- Alloway, B. J. 1995. Soil processes and the behavior of heavy metals. In Heavy metals in soils. Springer, Netherlands. pp 11-37.
- Jasuja, K., H.K. Parwana and A.L.J. Rao. 1997. Removal of Cr (VI) from aqueous waste using adsorbent from ablesmoschus esculentus (ladyfinger plant). 39:103-108.
- 1989. Environmental aspects of the metal finishing industry: A Technical Guide – Technical report series no. 1. United Nations Environment Programme.
- Atkinson, B.W., F. Bux and H.C. Kasan. 1998. Consideration for application of biosorption technology to remediate metal- contaminated industrial effluents. Water SA. 24:129-135.
- Brady, D., A. Stoll and J.R. Ducan. 1994. Biosorption of heavy metal cation by non-viable yeast biomass. Tech., 15:429-443.
- Fisher, N.S. 1985. Bioaccumulation of metal by marine picoplankton. Marine Biol., 87:137-142.
- Patterson, J. W. 1985. Industrial wastewater treatment technology (2nd edn). Butterworth, Boston.
- Santona, L., P. Castaldi and P. Melis. 2006. Evaluation of the interaction mechanisms between redmuds and heavy metals. Hazard. Mater., 136:324-329.
- Khan, S., et al. Health risks of heavy metals in contaminated soils and food crops irrigated with wastewater in Beijing, China. Env. Poll., 152:686-692.
- Giller, K. E., E. Witter and S. P. McGrath. 1998. Toxicity of heavy metals to microorganisms and microbial processes in agricultural soils: A review. Soil Biol. Biochem., 30:1389-1414.
- Cushnie, G.C. 1985. Electroplating wastewater pollution control technology. United States.
- 1980. Proposed guidelines for drinking water quality criteria for the protection of aquatic life and its uses. United States Environment Protection Agency. Federal Register. 45:79-341.
- Toroglu, S. and S. Dincer. 2009. Heavy metal resistances of enterobacteriaceae from Aksu river (Turkey) polluted with different sources. Asian J. Chem., 21(1):411-420.
- Xia, Y.J., et al. Biomass grafted with polyamic acid for enhancement of cadmium (II) and lead (II) biosorption. J. Biochem. Eng., 33(2):126-133.
- Wang, J.L. and C. Chen. 2006. Biosorption of heavy metals by Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a Biotech. Adv., 244:27-51.
- Waisberg, M., et al. Molecular mechanism of cadmium carcinogenesis. Toxicol., 192:95-117.
- Ellis, R. J., P. Morgan and A. J. Weightman. 2003. Cultivation dependent and independent approaches for determining bacterial diversity in heavy-metal contaminated soil. Env. Microbiol., 69: 3223-3230.
- Haq, R. and A. R. Shakoori. 2000. Microorganisms resistant to heavy metals and toxic chemicals as indicators of environmental pollution and their use in bioremediation. Folia Biol., 48:143-347.
- Roane, T. M. and I. L. Pepper. 2000. Microorganisms and metal pollution. In Environmental micro biology. Ed M. Maier, I. L. Pepper and C. B. Gerba. Academic Press, London. pp 403-423.
- 2012. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater (22th edn). American Public Health Association, Washington DC.
- Shukla, D.P., A.Y. Mishra and N.K. Jain. 2018. Characterization and agricultural sustainability role of plant growth promoting bacteria isolated from electroplating industrial wastewater at gandhi-nagar. Asian J. Microbiol. Biotech. Env. Sci., 20 (2):196-205.
- Steenland, K. and P. Boffetta. 2000. Lead and cancer in humans: where are we now? American J. Ind. Med., 38:295-299.
- 2003. The world health report: Shaping the future. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- Dwivedi, D. and V.R. Chourey. 2012. Physico-chemical characterization of water body with special reference to battery, power sources and metal plating effluents. Current World Env., 7:125-131.
- The Gazette of India: Extraordinary [Part II-Sec. 3(I)]. 2012. Ministry of Environment and Forests Notification, New Delhi.
- Poonkothai, M. and B.S. Vijayavathi. 2015. Physico-chemical characterisation of nickel electroplating effluent before and after treatment with dead Aspergillus niger. Res. J. Pharma. Biosci., 2:1- 13.
- Shrivastava, S. and I.S. Thakur. 2003. Biosorption potential of Acinetobacter sp. strain IST 103 of bacterial consortium for removal of chromium from tannery effluent. sci. ind. Res., 62: 616-622.
- Singh, V., C. Ram and A. Kumar. 2016. Physico-chemical characterization of electroplating industrial effluents of Chandigarh and Haryana region. J. Civil Env. Eng., 6:237.