IJEP 41(3): 314-319 : Vol. 41 Issue. 3 (March 2021)
Karpagam Academy of Higher Education, Department of Civil Engineering, Coimbatore – 641 021, India
Sufficient water of appropriate quality and quantity has been one of the most important issues in human history. People began to transport water from other locations to their communities. A water supply system consists of infrastructure that collects, treats, stores and distributes water between water sources and consumers. This project concerns the design of urban and rural water distribution system in Coimbatore and Tiruppur districts. Sedimentation, aeration, filtration, chlorination of raw water is the main treatment in the collection of raw water from Pillur reservoir through Headworks. Clear water pumping main and distribution of treated water to the public is ensured.
Water supply, Water treatment, Pillur, Bhavani river
- Danazumi, S. and M. H. Bichi. 2010. Industrial pollution and implication on source of water supply in Kano, Nigeria. Int. J. Eng. Tech., 10(1): 101-109.
- Ssozi-Mugarura, F., E. Blake and U. Rivett. 2015. Designing for sustainability: Involving communities in developing ICT interventions to support water resource management. In IST-Africa Conference. Proceedings, pp 1-8.
- Desai, N. and D. B. Ld. 2015. Software sensor for potable water quality through qualitative and quantitative analysis using artificial intelligence. In IEEE Tech. Innovation in ICT for Agriculture and Rural Development (TIAR). Proceedings, pp 208-213.
- Xichang, W. 2015. An applied research in the rural landscape of rainwater collection system based on the concept of LID. In International Conference on Intelligent transportation, big data and smart city. Proceedings, pp 72-75.
- Chawla, P., et al. 2015. Prediction of pollution potential of Indian rivers using empirical equation consisting of water quality parameters. In IEEE Tech. Innovation in ICT for Agriculture and Rural Development (TIAR). Proceedings, pp 214-219.
- Ren, Z. and S. Li. 2016. Short-term demand forecasting for distributed water supply networks: A multi-scale approach. In 12th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA). Proceedings, pp 1860-1865.
- Putri, A. A. and T. Aditya. 2017. 3D modelling and visualization of drinking water supply system using 3D GIS. In 7th International Annual Engineering Seminar (In AES). Proceedings, pp 1-6.
- Mehtab, H., et al. 2017. Water pollution and human health. J. Env. Risk Assess. Remediation. 7(3).
- Sun, C., et al. 2018. Cyber-physical systems for real-time management in the urban water cycle. In International Workshop on Cyber-physical Systems for Smart Water Networks. Proceedings, pp 5-8.