IJEP 41(3): 354-360 : Vol. 41 Issue. 3 (March 2021)
1. Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University, Department of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Al Khobar, Dhahran – 34754, Saudi Arab
2. Uttaranchal (P.G.) College of Bio-Medical Sciences and Hospital, Department of Environmental Sciences, Dehradun – 248001, Uttarakhand, India
Soil study was carried out at two sites of the Sahasthdhara region of Dehradun in order to know the exact relation between the soil minerals and the type of crop which could be cultivated here. The concerned region was analyzed for the topographical, pedological and physico-chemical analysis. In the study, it had been found that the concerned region is suitable for the cultivation of wheat and barley. The whole region of Dehradun has a temperate climate and the selected sites were found in a good condition for the cultivation of wheat and barley. The two sites have an appropriate soil particle size, particle density, particle porosity, pH, conducting salts, mineral composition and other factors. The Sahasthdhara region is well fertile and multiple crop cultivation especially wheat and barley could be carried out very easily.
Topography, Pedology, Soil, Minerals, Physico-chemical parameters
- Kabata-Pendias, A. and A. B. Mukherjee. 2007. Trace elements from soil to human. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-540-32714-1.
- Raheb, A. and A. Heidari. 2012. Effects of clay mineralogy and physico-chemical properties on potassium availability under soil aquic conditions. J. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr.,12(4): 747-761.
- Helmke, P. A. 2000. The chemical composition of soils. In Handbook of Soil Science. Ed M.E. Sum-mer. CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida. pp B3-B24.
- Jenny, H. 1941. Factors of soil formation: A system of quantitative pedology. McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Grunsky, E.C., et al. 2009. Sutphin process recognition in multi-element soil and stream-sediment geochemical data. Appl. Geochem., 24: 1602-1616.
- Rawlins, B. G., et al. 2009. Estimating particle-size fractions of soil dominated by silicate minerals from geochemistry. European J. Soil Sci., 60: 116-126.
- Bednarek, W., P. Tkaczyk and S. Dresler. 2009. Yields of winter wheat in dependence on some soil properties and agricultural measures. Acta Agroph., 14(2): 263-272.
- Noworolnik, K. 2008. Effect of some soil properties on yielding of winter wheat and winter barley (in Polish). Acta Agroph., 12(2): 477-485.
- Domingues, L. S., et al. 2014. Selection of common bean lines for calcium use efficiency. Ciência Agronômica. 45(4): 767-776.
- Kertesz, M. A., E. Fellows and A. Schmalen Berger. 2007. Rhizobacteria and plant sulphur supply. Adv. Appl. Microbiol., 62: 235-268.
- Havlin, J. L., et al. 2005. Soil fertility and fertilizers: An introduction to nutrient management (7th edn). Pearson Prentice Hall, New Jersey. pp 528.