IJEP 42(10): 1241-1246 : Vol. 42 Issue. 10 (October 2022)
Sri Krishna College of Engineering Technology, Department of Civil Engineering, Coimbatore, India
Rhizosphere, Sewage, Loading rate, Macrophytes, Contaminants, Efficiency
- Almuktar, S., et al. 2018. Wetlands for wastewater treatment and subsequent recycling of treated effluent: A review. Env. Sci. Poll. Res., 25: 23595-23623.
- Markantonatos, P.G., et al. 1996. Nutrient removal using reed bed systems in Greece. J. Env. Sci. Health Part A. 31: 1423-1434.
- Mustafa, A. 2013. Constructed wetland for wastewater treatment and reuse: A case study of developing country. Int. J. Env. Sci. Dev., 4: 2.
- Chan, E. and L.Y.J. Hantzscheand. 1982. The use of wetlands for water pollution control. U.S. Department of Commerce, National Technical Information Service.
- Akratos, C.S. and V.A. Tsihrintzis. 2007. Effect of temperature, HRT, vegetation and porous media on removal efficiency of pilot-scale horizontal subsurface flow constructed wetlands. Ecol. Eng., 29(2): 173-191.
- Abou-Elela, S.I. and M.S. Hellal. 2012. Municipal wastewater treatment using vertical flow constructed wetlands planted with Canna, Phragmites and Cyprus. Ecol. Eng., 47: 209-213.
- Gikas, G.D. and V.A. Tsihrintzis. 2012. A small-size vertical flow constructed wetland for on-site treatment of household wastewater. Ecol. Eng., 44: 337-343.
- Farahbakshazad, N. and G.M. Morrison. 2000. Nutrient removal in a vertical upflow wetland in Piracicaba, Brazil. AMBIO: J. Human Env., 29(2): 74-77.
- García-Pérez, A., et al. 2011. Recirculating vertical flow constructed wetland for on-site sewage treatment: An approach for a sustainable ecosystem. J. Water Env. Tech., 9(1): 39-46.
- Cooper, P.F. 1990. A review of the design and performance of vertical flow and hybrid reed bed treatment systems. Water Sci. Tech., 40: 1-9.
- Juwarkar, A.S., et al. 1995. Domestic wastewater treatment through constructed wetland in India. Water Sci. Tech., 32(3): 291-294.
- Molle, P., et al. 2005. How to treat raw sewage with constructed wetlands: An overview of French systems. Wat. Sci. Tech., 51: 11-21.
- Litchfield, D.K. and D.D. Schatz. 1989. Constructed wetlands for wastewater treatment at Amoco Oil Company’s Mandan, North Dakota refinery. In Constructed wetlands for wastewater treatment. Ed D.A. Hammer. Lewis Publishers, Chelsea, USA. pp 233-237.
- Rausch, K., R. Decraene and D. Geenens. 2000. Pilot project individual water treatment systems in the town of Bierbeek. First evaluation report.
- Hadad, H. and C. Bonetto. 2006. Nutrient and metal removal in a constructed wetland for waste-water treatment from a metallurgic industry. Ecol. Eng., 26: 341-347.
- Thut, R.N. 1993. Feasibility of treating pulp mill effluent with a constructed wetland. In Constructed wetlands for water quality improvement. Ed G.A. Moshiri. Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton, USA. pp 441-447.
- Vymazal, J. 2007. Removal of nutrients in various types of constructed wetlands. Sci. Tot. Env., 380: 48-65.
- Brix, H. 1987. Treatment of wastewater in the rhizosphere of wetland plants- The root zone method. Water Sci. Tech., 19(1/2): 107-118.
- Bahlo, K. 2000. Treatment efficiency of a vertical-flow reed bed with recirculation. J. Env. Sci. Health A. 35(8): 1403-1413.
- Wallace, S.D. 2002. On-site remediation of petroleum contact wastes using subsurface-flow wetlands. In Wetlands and remediation II. Ed K.W. Nehring and S.E. Brauning. Battelle Press, Columbus, USA. pp 125-132.
- VLM. 2003. Treatment wetlands database. Flemish Land Agency, Gulden Vlieslaan. 72: 1060.
- Brix, H. and A.C. Arias. 2005. The use of vertical flow constructed wetlands for on-site treatment of domestic wastewater: New Danish guidelines. Ecol. Eng., 25: 491-500.
- Haberl, R., et al. 1995. Constructed wetlands in Europe. Water Sci. Tech., 32(3): 305-315.
- Vohla, C., et al. 2005. Alternative filter media for phosphorus removal in a horizontal subsurface flow constructed wetland. J. Env. Sci. Health. 40: 1251-1264.