IJEP 42(4): 399-407 : Vol. 42 Issue. 4 (April 2022)
1. Gauhati University, Department of Chemistry, Guwahati- 781 014, Assam, India
2. Assam Engineering College, Department of Chemistry, Guwahati- 781 013, Assam, India
3. Bhattadev University, Bajali, Pathsala- 781 325, Assam, India
4. Royal Global University, Department of Chemistry, Betkuchi, Guwahati- 781 035, Assam, India
Advanced oxidation process, Photocatalysis, Metal isonicotinate, Dye degradation, Acid Orange 7, Xylenol Orange
- Routoula, E. and S.V. Patwardhan. 2020. Degradation of anthraquinone dyes from effluents: A review focusing on enzymatic dye degradation with industrial potential. Env. Sci. Tech., 54(2): 647-664.
- Mall, I.D., et al. 2005. Removal of Congo Red from aqueous solution by bagasse flyash and activated carbon: Kinetic study and equilibrium isotherm analyses. Chemosphere. 61: 492-501.
- Ligrini, O., E. Oliveros and A.M. Braun. 1993. Photochemical processes for water treatment. Chem. Rev., 93: 671-698.
- Juang, R.S., S.H. Lin and P.Y. Hsueh. 2010. Removal of binary azo dyes from water by UV-irradiated degradation in TiO2suspensions. J. Hazard. Mater., 182: 820-826.
- Byrappa, K., et al. 2006. Photocatalytic degradation of Rhodamine B dye using hydrothermally synthesized ZnO. Bull. Mater. Sci., 29(5): 433-438.
- Grau, P. 1991. Textile industry wastewaters treatment. Water. Sci. Tech., 24(1): 97-103.
- Ince, N.H. and D.T. Gonenç. 1997. Treatability of a textile azo dye by UV/H2O2. Env. Tech., 18: 179-185.
- Hao, O.J., H. Kim and P.C. Chiang. 2000. Decol-ourization of wastewater. Critical Reviews Env. Sci. Tech., 30(4): 449-505.
- Neppolian, B., et al. 2002. Solar/UV-induced photocatalytic degradation of three commercial textile dyes. J. Hazard. Mater., 89: 303-317.
- Daneshvar, N., H.A. Sorkhabi and M.B. Kasiri. 2004. Decolourization of dye solution containing Acid Red 14 by electrocoagulation with a comparative investigation of different electrode connections. J. Hazard. Mater., B112: 55-62.
- Daneshvar, N., et al. 2007. Study of imidaclopride removal from aqueous solution by adsorption onto granular activated carbon using an on-line spectrophotometric analysis system. J. Hazard. Mater., 144: 47-51. 12. Barbusinski, K. and J. Majewski. 2003. Discolouration of azo dye Acid Red 18 by Fenton reagent in the presence of iron powder. Polish J. Env. Studies. 12(2): 151-155.
- Behnajady, M.A., N. Modirshahla and F. Ghanbary. 2007. A kinetic model for the decoluorization of C.I. Acid Yellow 23 by Fenton process., J. Hazard. Mater., 148: 98-102.
- Tang, W.Z. and R.Z. Chen. 1996. Decolourization kinetics and mechanism of commercial dyes by H2O2/iron power system. Chemosphere. 32(5): 947-958.
- Shen, W., et al. 2008. Photocatalytic degradation for Methylene Blue using zinc oxide prepared by code position and sol–gel methods. J. Hazard. Mater., 152: 172-175.
- Titas, M.P., et al. 2004. Degradation of chlorophenols by means of advanced oxidation processes: A general review. Appl. Catal. B: Env., 47: 219-256.
- Zhong, Y., et al. 2013. A comparative study about the effects of isomorphous substitution of transition metals (Ti, Cr, Mn, Co and Ni) on the UV/Fenton catalytic activity of magnetite. J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem., 372: 29-34.
- Chen, Y., et al. 2014. Novel low-cost Fenton-like layered Fe-titanate catalyst: Preparation, characterization and application for degradation of organic colourants. J. Colloid Interface Sci., 422: 9-15.
- Sun, J.H., et al. 2007. Degradation of azo dye Amido Black 10B in aqueous solution by Fenton oxidation process. Dyes Pigments. 74: 647-652.
- Hsueh, C.L., et al. 2005. Degradation of azo dyes using low iron concentration of Fenton and Fenton-like system. Chemosphere. 58: 1409-1414.
- Neamtu, M., et al. 2003. Oxidation of commercial reactive azo dye aqueous solutions by the photo-Fenton and Fenton-like processes. J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 161: 87-93.
- Muruganandham, M. and M. Swaminathan. 2004. Photochemical oxidation of reactive azo dye with UV/H2O2process. Dyes Pigments. 62: 269-275.
- Das, B.K., et al. 2006. Structural, thermal and spectroscopic properties of supramolecular coordination solids. J. Chem. Sci., 118: 487-494.
- Das, B.K., S.J. Bora and M. Chakrabortty. 2019. Isostructurality of complexes of the type tetraaquabis (isonicotinato) metal (II). J. Indian Chem. Soc., 96: 317-327.
- Ramirez, J.H., M.A. Vicente and L.M. Madeira. 2010. Heterogeneous photo-Fenton oxidation with pillared clay-based catalysts for wastewater treatment: A review. Appl. Catal. B: Env., 98: 10-26.
- Sheng, G., Z. Gaoke and W. Jiquan. 2014. Photo-Fenton degradation of Rhodamine B using Fe2O3–kaolin as a heterogeneous catalyst: Characterization, process optimization and mechanism. J. Colloid Interface Sci., 433: 1-8.