IJEP 43(3): 195-209 : Vol. 43 Issue. 3 (March 2023)
1. National Institute of Technology, Department of Applied Geology, Raipur, Chhattisgarh-492 010, India
2. Central Ground Water Board, North Central Region, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India
3. Indian Institute of Technology (B.H.U.), Department of Mining Engineering, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh-221 005, India
Water quality index, Hydrogeochemical analysis, Cluster analysis, Groundwater quality, Geographical information system
- Abbasnia, A., et al. 2018. Groundwater quality assessment for irrigation purposes based on irrigation water quality index and its zoning with GIS in the villages of Chabahar, Sistan and Baluchistan, Iran. Data brief. 19:623-631.
- Boateng, T.K., et al. 2016. Groundwater quality assessment using statistical approach and water quality index in Ejisu-Juaben Municipality, Ghana. Env. Earth Sci., 75(6):1-14.
- Asghari, F.B., et al. 2018. Data on assessment of groundwater quality with application of ArcGIS in Zanjan, Iran. Data brief. 18:375-379.
- Kawo, N.S. and S. Karuppannan. 2018. Groundwater quality assessment using water quality index and GIS technique in Modjo river basin, central Ethiopia. J. African Earth Sci., 147:300-311.
- Rakotondrabe, F., et al. 2018. Water quality assessment in the Bétaré-Oya gold mining area (east Cameroon): multivariate statistical analysis approach. Sci. total env., 610:831-844.
- Saha, P. and B. Paul. 2019. Groundwater quality assessment in an industrial hotspot through interdisciplinary techniques. Env. monit. assess., 191(2):1-20.
- Rani, L.A. and D.S. Babu. 2008. A statistical evaluation of groundwater chemistry from the west coast of Tamil Nadu, India. Indian J. Geo-Marine Sci., 37(2): 186-192.
- Selvakumar, S., et al. 2017. Groundwater quality and its suitability for drinking and irrigational use in the southern Tiruchirappalli district, Tamil Nadu, India. Appl. Water Sci., 7(1):411-420.
- Tirkey, P., et al. 2017. Assessment of groundwater quality and associated health risks: a case study of Ranchi city, Jharkhand, India. Groundwater sustain. develop., 5:85-100.
- Rao, N.S. 2018. Groundwater quality from a part of Prakasam district, Andhra Pradesh, India. Appl. water Sci., 8(1):1-18.
- Adimalla, N. 2019. Groundwater quality for drinking and irrigation purposes and potential health risks assessment: a case study from semi-arid region of South India. Exposure health. 11(2):109-123.
- IS 10500. 2012. Drinking water – Specification (2nd rev). Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi, India.
- WHO. 2018. World health statistics 2018: monitoring health for the SDGs, sustainable development goals. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- He, S. and J. Wu. 2019. Hydrogeochemical characteristics, groundwater quality and health risks from hexavalent chromium and nitrate in groundwater of Huanhe formation in Wuqi county, northwest China. Exposure Health. 11(2):125-137.
- Jacintha, T.G.A., et al. 2017. Hydrogeochemical characterization of groundwater of peninsular Indian region using multivariate statistical techniques. Appl. Water Sci., 7(6):3001-3013.
- Kumar, S.K., et al. 2017. Evaluation of water quality and hydrogeochemistry of surface and groundwater, Tiruvallur district, Tamil Nadu, India. Appl. Water Sci., 7(5):2533-2544.
- Ravikumar, P. and R.K. Somashekar. 2017. Principal component analysis and hydrochemical facies characterization to evaluate groundwater quality in Varahi river basin, Karnataka state, India. Appl. Water Sci., 7(2):745-755.
- Selvakumar, S., N. Chandrasekar and G. Kumar. 2017. Hydrogeochemical characteristics and groundwater contamination in the rapid urban development areas of Coimbatore, India. Water Resour. Industry. 17:26-33.
- Rezaei, A. and H. Hassani. 2018. Hydrogeochemistry study and groundwater quality assessment in the north of Isfahan, Iran. Env. geochem. health. 40(2):583-608.
- Ramakrishnaiah, C.R., C. Sadashivaiah and G. Ranganna. 2009. Assessment of water quality index for the groundwater in Tumkur taluk, Karnataka state, India. E.J. chem., 6(2):523-530.
- Poonam, T., B. Tanushree and C. Sukalyan. 2013. Water quality indices-important tools for water quality assessment: a review. Int. J. Adv. chem., 1(1):15-28.
- Patil, V.B.B., et al. 2020. Multivariate statistics and water quality index (WQI) approach for geochemical assessment of groundwater quality-a case study of Kanavi Halla sub-basin, Belagavi, India. Env. geochem. health. 42(9):2667-2684.
- Adimalla, N., P. Li and S. Venkatayogi. 2018. Hydrogeochemical evaluation of groundwater quality for drinking and irrigation purposes and integrated interpretation with water quality index studies. Env. Processes. 5(2):363-383.
- APHA. 1995. Standard method for the examination of water and wastewater (14th edn). American Public Health Association, Washington D.C. no.409A. pp 316-317
- Bajpayee, S., et al. 2012. Assessment by multivariate statistical analysis of groundwater geo-chemical data of Bankura, India. Int. J. Env. Sci., 3(2):870.
- Kanagaraj, G. and L. Elango. 2016. Hydrogeoche-mical processes and impact of tanning industries on groundwater quality in Ambur, Vellore district, Tamil Nadu, India. Env. Sci. Poll. Res., 23(23): 24364-24383.
- Wu, P., et al. 2009. Hydrogeochemical characteristics of surface water and groundwater in the karst basin, southwest China. Hydrol. Processes Int. J., 23(14):2012-2022.
- Nguyet, V.T.M. 2016. Hydrogeochemical characteristics of karst groundwater in Tam Diep, Ninh Binh, Vietnam. Acta Carsologica. 45(3): 233-242.
- Xiao, Y., et al. 2017. Groundwater circulation and hydrogeochemical evolution in Nomhon of Qaidam basin, northwest China. J. Earth System Sci., 126(2):26.
- Ifediegwu, I.S., C.F. Onyeabor and C.M. Nnamani. 2019. Geochemical evaluation of carbonate aquifers in Ngbo and environs, Ebonyi state, southeastern Nigeria. Modelling Earth Systems Env., 5(4): 1893-1909.
- Jalali, M. 2009. Geochemistry characterization of groundwater in an agricultural area of Razan, Hamadan, Iran. Env. Geol., 56(7):1479-1488.
- Sappa, G., et al. 2012. Hydrogeological conceptual model of groundwater from carbonate aquifers using environmental isotopes (18O, 2H) and chemical tracers: a case study in southern Latium region, Central Italy. J. Water Resour. Prot., 4(9): 695-716.
- Lu, S., et al. 2020. Hydrogeochemical characteristics of karst groundwater in Jinci spring area, north China. Carbonates Evaporites. 35(3):1-14.
- Daniele, L., et al. 2013. Hydrogeochemistry and geochemical simulations to assess water-rock interactions in complex carbonate aquifers: the case of Aguadulce (SE Spain). Appl. Geochem., 29:43-54.
- Gibrilla, A., et al. 2011. Application of water quality index (WQI) and multivariate analysis for groundwater quality assessment of the Birimian and Cape coast granitoid complex: Densu river basin of Ghana. Water Quality Exposure Health. 3(2): 63.
- Ketata, M., M. Gueddari and R. Bouhlila. 2012. Use of geographical information system and water quality index to assess groundwater quality in El Khairat deep aquifer (Enfidha, Central-East Tunisia). Arabian j. geosci., 5(6):1379-1390.
- Khan, R. and D.C. Jhariya. 2017. Groundwater quality assessment for drinking purpose in Raipur city, Chhattisgarh using water quality index and geographic information system. J. Geol. Soc. India. 90(1): 69-76.
- Deshpande, S.M., P.D. Shinde and K.R. Aher. 2020. Groundwater quality assessment for drinking purpose in Aurangabad urban city, Maharashtra, India. J. Geosci. Res., 5(2):123-132.
- Kumar, S.K., et al. 2012. Hydrogeochemical study of shallow carbonate aquifers, Rameswaram island, India. Env. monit. assess., 184(7):4127-4138.
- Sappa, G., S. Ergul and F. Ferranti. 2014. Water quality assessment of carbonate aquifers in southern Latium region, Central Italy: a case study for irrigation and drinking purposes. Appl. Water Sci., 4(2):115-128.
- Sharma, D.A., M.S. Rishi and T. Keesari. 2017. Evaluation of groundwater quality and suitability for irrigation and drinking purposes in southwest Punjab, India using hydrochemical approach. Appl. Water Sci., 7(6):3137-3150.
- Aravinthasamy, P., et al. 2020. Irrigation risk assessment of groundwater in a non-perennial river basin of South India: implication from irrigation water quality index (IWQI) and geographical information system (GIS) approaches. Arabian J. Geosci., 13(21):1-14.
- Zhang, Y., et al. 2020. Hydrogeochemistry and quality assessment of groundwater in Jinghui canal irrigation district of China. Human Ecol. Risk Assess. Int. J., 26(9): 2349-2366.
- Sharma, C.M., et al. 2021. Major ions and irrigation water quality assessment of the Nepalese Himalayan rivers. Env. Develop. Sustain., 23(2): 2668-2680.
- Kanagaraj, G., et al. 2018. Hydrogeochemical processes and influence of seawater intrusion in coastal aquifers south of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Env. Sci. Poll. Res., 25(9) : 8989-9011.