IJEP 43(3): 263-269 : Vol. 43 Issue. 3 (March 2023)
Mohammed Aasif Sulaiman, Mohammad Masroor Zafar, Divya, Ravi Prabhakar and Anupma Kumari*
Patna University, Department of Zoology, Patna, Bihar – 800 005, India
Hydrogeochemistry, groundwater, Muzaffarpur, Durov, Gibbs
- Water scarcity. 2021. Multiple ways of assessing threats to water: Supply-side and demand-side problems. Available at : Water Scarcity Issues: We’re running out of water – FEW Resources. org.
- Hasan, M., et al. 2017. Evaluation of groundwater suitability for drinking and irrigation purposes in Toba Tek Singh district, Pakistan. Irrig. Drain. Syst. Eng., 6: 185.
- Zakaria, N., et al. 2021. Evolution of groundwater hydrogeochemistry and assessment of groundwater quality in the Anayari catchment. Groundwater Sustain. Develop., 12:100489.
- Jain, C.K. and U. Vaid. 2018. Assessment of groundwater quality for drinking and irrigation purposes using hydrochemical studies in Nalbari district of Assam, India. Env. earth sci., 77(6):1-14.
- Singh, G., et al. 2020. Multivariate analysis and geochemical signatures of groundwater in the agricultural dominated taluks of Jalandhar district, Punjab, India. J. Geochem. Exploration. 208: 106395.
- Sefie, A., et al. 2018. Hydrogeochemistry and groundwater quality assessment of the multilayered aquifer in Lower Kelantan basin, Kelantan, Malaysia. Env. earth Sci., 77(10):1-15.
- Santucci, L., E. Carol and C. Tanjal. 2018. Industrial waste as a source of surface and groundwater pollution for more than half a century in a sector of the Río de la Plata coastal plain (Argentina). Chemosphere. 206: 727-735.
- Yidana, S.M., B. Banoeng-Yakubo and P.A. Sakyi. 2012. Identifying key processes in the hydrochemistry of a basin through the combined use of factor and regression models. J. earth system Sci., 121(2): 491-507.
- Barzegar, R., et al. 2017. Identification of hydrogeo-chemical processes and pollution sources of groundwater resources in the Marand plain, northwest of Iran. Env. Earth Sci., 76(7): 1-16.
- Amiri, V., N. Sohrabi and M.A. Dadgar. 2015. Evaluation of groundwater chemistry and its suitability for drinking and agricultural uses in the Lenjanat plain, central Iran. Env. Earth Sci., 74(7): 6163-6176.
- Isa, N.M., A.Z. Aris and W.N.A.W. Sulaiman. 2012. Extent and severity of groundwater contamination based on hydrochemistry mechanism of sandy tropical coastal aquifer. Sci. total Env., 438: 414-425.
- Chebbah, M. and Z. Allia. 2015. Geochemistry and hydrogeochemical process of groundwater in the Souf valley of low septentrional Sahara, Algeria. African J. Env. Sci. Tech., 9(3): 261-273.
- Tiwari, A.K. and A.K. Singh. 2014. Hydrogeo-chemical investigation and groundwater quality assessment of Pratapgarh district, Uttar Pradesh. J. Geol. Soc. India. 83 (3): 329–343. doi: 10.1007/s12594-014-0045-y.
- Srinivasamoorthy, K., et al. 2014. Hydrochemical characterization and quality appraisal of groundwater from Pungar sub-basin, Tamil nadu, India. J. King Saud Univ. Sci., 26: 37–52.
- Kaur, L., et al. 2019. Hydrogeochemical characterization of groundwater in alluvial plains of river Yamuna in Northern India: an insight of controlling processes. J. King Saud univ. sci., 31(4): 1245-1253.
- Bodrud-Doza, M.D., et al. 2016. Characterization of groundwater quality using water evaluation indices, multivariate statistics and geostatistics in Central Bangladesh. Water Sci., 30(1): 19-40.
- Hui, T., et al. 2020. Application of water quality index and multivariate statistical analysis in the hydrogeochemical assessment of shallow groundwater in Hailun, northeast China. Human Ecol. Risk Assess.: An Int. J.
- Kumar, S. 1986. Studies on groundwater pollution from dumping of municipal solid wastes at muzaffarpur. J. IPHE India. 2008-09(4): 14-18.
- Mumtazuddin, S., A.K. Azad and M. Kumar. 2012. Assessment of some physico-chemical characteristics and heavy metals in some groundwater samples along the Budhi Gandak belt of Muzaffarpur district during monsoon season. Nature Env. Poll. Tech., 11(2): 293-296.
- Singh, S.K. 2018. Assessment of groundwater quality in Sakara and Muraul block of Muzaffarpur district, Bihar.
- Singh, S.K., et al. 2018. Quality assessment of drinking water in some selected villages of Muzaffarpur district, Bihar.
- Kumar, M., et al. 2009. Hydrogeochemical processes in the groundwater environment of Muktsar, Punjab: conventional graphical and multivariate statistical approach. Env. Geol., 57:873–884.
- CGWB. 2013. Groundwater information booklet Muzaffarpur district, Bihar state. Ministry of Water Resources, Govt. of India.
- CDP. 2006. Muzaffarpur city development plan. Urban Development and Housing Department, Govt. of Bihar.
- IS 10500. 2012. Specification for drinking water. Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Ahipathy, M.V. and E.T. Puttaiah. 2006. Ecological characteristics of vrishabhavathy river in Bangalore (India). Env. geol., 49 (8): 1217-1222.
- Saini, A., A. Chaudhary and A. Singh. 2020. Study on the characteristics of groundwater in Nanauta town region (U.P.). Int. J. Pharmacy Res., 11(1): 15-18.
- Varol, S. and A. Davraz. 2015. Evaluation of the groundwater quality with WQI (water quality index) and multivariate analysis: a case study of the Tefenni plain (Burdur/Turkey). Env. Earth Sci.,73 (4): 1725-1744.
- Gawle, S., K. Pateria. and R.P. Mishra. 2021. Physico-chemical analysis of groundwater during monsoon and winter season of Dindori district, India. Groundwater Sustain. Develop.,12: 100 550.
- Raju, A. and A. Singh. 2017. Assessment of groundwater quality and mapping human health risk in Central Ganga alluvial plain, Northern India. Env. Processes. 4(2): 375-397.
- Freeze, R.A. and J.A. Cherry. 1979. Groundwater. Prentice-Hall, Englewood, Cliffs, New Jersey.
- Reyes-Toscano, C.A., et al. 2020. Hydrogeochemical characteristics and assessment of drinking water quality in the urban area of Zamora, Mexico. Water. 12(2): 556.
- Qu, B., et al. 2019. Water quality in the Tibetan plateau: Major ions and trace elements in rivers of the ‘Water Tower of Asia’. Sci. Total Env., 649: 571-581.
- Li, X., et al. 2018. Groundwater chemistry regulated by hydrochemical processes and geological structures: a case study in Tongchuan, China. Water. 10(3): 338.
- Mayo, A.L. and M.D. Loucks. 1995. Solute and isotopic geochemistry and groundwater flow in the central Wasatchrange, Utah. J. Hydrol., 172: 31–59.
- Katz, B.G., et al. 1997. Use of chemical and isotopic tracers to characterize the interactions between groundwater and surface water in mantled karst. Groundwater. 35 (6): 1014-1028.
- Meybeck, M. 1987. Global chemical weathering of surficial rocks estimated from river dissolved loads. American J. Sci., 287 (5): 401-428.
- Kumar, R., et al. 2019. Hydrogeochemical characteristics of glacial meltwater from Naradu glacier catchment, Western Himalaya. Env. Earth Sci., 78: 683. doi: 10.1007/s12665-019-8687-0.
- Jones, B.F., et al. 1999. Geochemical investigations. InSeawater intrusion in coastal aquifers—concepts, methods and practices. Springer, Dordrecht. pp 51-71
- Scholler, H., 1965. Qualitive evaluation of groundwater resources. In Methods and techniques of groundwater investigations and development. UNESCO Water Resour. Series. 33: 44–52.
- Piper, A.M. 1944. A graphic procedure in the geochemical interpretation of water analyses. American Geophys. Union Trans., 25: 914–923.
- Back. 1960. Hydrogeochemical facies and groundwater flow patterns in Northern Atlantic coastal plain. AAPG bull., 44(7):1244-1245. doi:10.3133/pp498A.
- Lloyd, J.W. and J.A.A. Heathcote. 1985. Natural inorganic hydrochemistry in relation to groundwater. U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Scientific and Technical Information.