IJEP 43(4): 321-329 : Vol. 43 Issue. 4 (April 2023)
Imran Nadeem and P.S. Sheik Uduman*
B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Department of Mathematics, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600 048, India
Air pollutant, Ljung-box test, Seasonal ARIMA approach, Time series analysis
- Afroz, R., M.N. Hassan and N.A. Ibrahim. 2003. Review of air pollution and health impacts in Malaysia. Env. Res., 92(2): 71-77.
- Kumar, A. and P. Goyal. 2011. Forecasting of daily air quality index in Delhi. Sci. Total Env., 409(24): 5517-5523.
- Nurulilyana, S., et al. 2011. Statistical analysis of PM10concentrations at different locations in Malaysia. Env. Monit. Assess., 180(1): 573-588.
- Adebiyi, A.A., A.O. Adewumi and C.K. Ayo. 2014. Comparison of ARIMA and artificial neural networks models for stock price prediction. J. Appl. Mathematics. 2(1):1–7.
- Chatfield, C. 1996. The analysis of time series- An introduction (5th edn). Chapman and Hall CRC, London.
- Pankratz, A. 2009. Forecasting with univariate Box-Jenkins models: Concepts and cases. John Wiley and Sons.
- Jolliffe, I.T. 2002. Principal component analysis (2nd edn). Springer, New York.
- Kim, J. and C.W. Mueller. 1986. Factor analysis: Statistical methods and practical issue. Sage Publication, Beverly Hills.
- Kaplunovsky, A.S. 2005. Factor analysis in environmental studies. HAIT J. Sci. Eng. B. 2(1-2):54-94.
- Huang, J., M. Ho and P. Du. 2011. Assessment of temporal and spatial variation of coastal water quality and source identification along Macau peninsula. Stochastic Env. Res. Risk Assess., 25(3): 353-361.
- Box, G.E.P. and G.M. Jenkins. 1976. Time series analysis: Forecasting and control (revised edn). Holden Day, San Francisco.
- Chatfield, C. 2000. Time-series forecasting. Chapman and Hall CRC, Boca Raton.
- McBerthouex, P. and L.C. Brown. 2002. Statistics for environmental engineers. Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton.
- Jian, L., et al. 2012. An application of ARIMA model to predict submicron particle concentrations from meteorological factors at a busy roadside in Hangzhou, China. Sci. Total Env., 426:336-345.
- Liu, P.W.G. 2009. Simulation of the daily average PM10concentrations at Ta-Liao with Box-Jenkins time series models and multivariate analysis. Atmos. Env., 43:2104-2113.
- Duenas, C., et al. 2011. Stochastic model to forecast ground-level ozone concentration at urban and rural areas. Chemosphere. 61(10):1379–1389.
- Sharma, P., A. Chandra and S.C. Kaushik. 2009. Forecasts using Box-Jenkins models for the ambient air quality data of Delhi city. Env. Monit. Assess., 157(1–4):105–112.
- Kumar, U. and V.K. Jain. 2010. ARIMA forecasting of ambient air pollutants (O3, NO, NO2and CO). Stochastic Env. Res. Risk Assess., 24:751-760.
- Kadilar, G. and C. Kadilar. 2017. Assessing air quality in Aksaray with time series analysis. AIP conference. Proceeding, 1833(1):20-112.
- Cujia, A., et al. 2019. Forecast of PM10time-series data: A study case in Caribbean cities. Atmos. Poll. Res., 10(6): 2053-2062.
- Giridhar, V.V. 2001. Coastal ocean pollution monitoring programme. Proceedings of UGC course on marine sciences and environment conducted by the Department of Applied Geology, University of Madras, Chennai, India.
- Brockwell, J.B. and R.A. Davis. 2002. Introduction to time series and forecasting. Springer, New York.
- Schwarz, G. 1978. Estimating the dimension of a model. Annal. Stat., 6:461-464.
- Burnham, K.P. and D.R. Anderson. 2004. Multimodel inference: Understanding AIC and BIC in model selection. Sociol. Methods Res.,33:261–304.
- Ljung, G.M. and G.E. Box. 1978. On a measure of lack of fit in time series models. Biometrika. 65(2):297–303.
- Robeson, S.M. and D.G. Steyn. 1990. Evaluation and comparison of statistical forecast models for daily maximum ozone concentrations. Atoms. Env., 24B:303–312.
- Cai, M., Y. Yin and M. Xie. 2009. Prediction of hourly air pollutant concentrations near urban arterials using artificial neural network approach. Transportation Res. Part D: Transport Env., 14:32–41.
- Guttikunda, S.K., R. Goel and P. Pant. 2014. Nature of air pollution, emission sources and management in the Indian cities. Atmos. Env., 95:501-510.