IJEP 43(6): 483-492 : Vol. 43 Issue. 6 (June 2023)
1. Annamalai University, Department of Chemical Engineering, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu – 608 002, India
2. Erode Sengunthar Engineering College (Autonomous), Department of Chemical Engineering, Erode, Tamil Nadu – 637 205, India
3. Nandha Engineering College, Department of Chemical Engineering, Erode, Tamil Nadu – 638 052, India
Heavy metals, Fe3O4/ZnO, Adsorption, Magnetite, Langmuir isotherm
- Dhir, B. 2014. Potential of biological materials for removing heavy metals from wastewater. Env. Sci. Poll., 21:1614-1627.
- Abdel-Halim, S.H., A.M. Shehata and M.F. El-Shahat. 2003. Removal of lead ions from industrial wastewater by different types of natural materials. Water Res., 37 (7): 1678-1683.
- Barbosa, F. 2017. Toxicology of metals and metalloids: promising issues for future studies in environmental health and toxicology. J. Toxicol. Env. Health Part A. 80(3):137–144.
- Acharya, J., U. Kumar and B. Meikap. 2013. Thermodynamic characterization of adsorption of lead (II) ions on activated carbon developed from tamarind wood from aqueous solution. South African J. Chem. Eng., 18 (1): 70-76.
- Singha, B. and S.K. Das. 2012. Removal of Pb (II) ions from aqueous solution and industrial effluent using natural biosorbents. Env. Sci. Poll. Res. Int., 19 (3): 2212-2226.
- Hu, J., D. Zhao and X. Wang. 2011. Removal of Pb(II) and Cu(II) from aqueous solution using multi-walled carbon nanotubes/iron oxide magnetic composites. Water Sci. Tech., 63(3): 917-923.
- Dong, L., et al. 2010. Removal of lead from aqueous solution by hydroxyapatite/magnetite composite adsorbent. Chem. Eng. J., 165: 827-834.
- Kara, I., D. Yilmazer and S.T. Akar. 2017. Metakaolin based geopolymer as an effective adsorbent for adsorption of zinc(II) and nickel(II) ions from aqueous solutions. Appl. Clay. Sci., 139(2): 54–63.
- Qiu, R., F. Cheng and H. Huang. 2018. Removal of Cd from aqueous solution using hydrothermally modified circulating fluidized bed flyash resulting from coal gangue power plant. J. Clean. Prod., 172(4):1918–1927.
- Horst, M.F., M. Alvarez and V.L. Lassalle. 2016. Removal of heavy metals from wastewater using magnetic nanocomposites: analysis of the experimental conditions. Sep. Sci. Tech., 51(5): 550–563.
- Hua, M. 2012. Heavy metal removal from water/wastewater by nanosized metal oxides: a review. J. Hazard. Mater., 211(15):317–331.
- Warner, C.L., et al. 2012. Manganese doping of magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles: tailoring surface reactivity for a regenerable heavy metal sorbent. Langmuir. 28(8): 3931–3937.
- Yan, J., et al. 2010. Facile coating of manganese oxide on tin oxide nanowires with high-performance capacitive behaviour. ACS Nano. 4(7): 4247- 4255.
- Habibi, D., S. Kaamyabi and H. Hazarkhani. 2015. Fe3O4nanoparticles as an efficient and reusable catalyst for the solvent-free synthesis of 99-dimethyl-9,10-dihydro-84-benzo-[a] xanthen-11(12H)-ones. Chinese J. Catal., 36(3): 362-366.
- Rajendran, S.P. and K. Sengodan. 2017. Synthesis and characterization of zinc oxide and iron oxide nanoparticles using Sesbania grandiflora leaf extract as reducing agent. J. Nanosci., 17: 1-7.
- Langmuir, I. 1916. The constitution and fundamental properties of solids and liquids. Part I. Solids. J. American Chem. Soc., 38 (2):2221–2295.
- Li, E., et al. 2016. Adsorption process of octadecyl amine hydrochloride on KCl crystal surface in various salt saturated solutions: kinetics, isotherm model and thermodynamics properties. J. Mol. Liq., 221(1): 949–953.
- Fuku, X., A. Diallo and M. Maaza. 2016. Nanoscaled electrocatalytic optically modulated ZnO nanopa-rticles through green process of Punica granatumL. and their antibacterial activities. Int. J. Electrochem., 124(2): 657-661.
- Matinise, N., X.G. Fuku and K. Kaviyarasu. 2017. ZnO nanoparticles via Moringa oleifera green synthesis: physical properties and mechanism of formation. Appl. Surf. Sci., 406: 339–347.
- Gupta, J.P., A. Hassan and K.C. Barick. 2021. Core-shell Fe3O4@ZnO nanoparticles for magnetic hyperthermia and bio-imaging applications. AIP Adv., 11: 204-207.
- Kumar, S.N., A. Zeenat and M.P. Kumar. 2020. Green synthesis of TiO2nanoparticles from Syzygium cumini extract for photocatalytic removal of lead (Pb) in explosive industrial wastewater. Green Process Synth., 9(2): 171–181.
- Saranya, K.S., et al. 2018. Green synthesis of high temperature stable anatase titanium dioxide nanoparticles using gum Kondagogu: characterization and solar driven photocatalytic degradation of organic dye. Nanomater. Base., 22(8): 1002-1021.
- Xu, J., et al. 2006. Synthesis and optical properties of silver nanoparticles stabilized by gemini surfactant. Colloid Surf. A., 273(4): 179 -183.
- Kucharczyk, K., J.D. Rybka and M. Hilgendorff. 2019. Composite spheres made of bioengineered spider silk and iron oxide nanoparticles for theranostics applications. PLoS ONE. 14(7): 219 – 224.
- Nassar, N. 2012. Kinetics equilibrium and thermodynamic studies on the adsorptive removal of nickel, cadmium and cobalt from wastewater by superparamagnetic iron oxide nano adsorbents. Canadian J. Chem. Eng., 90(3): 1231–1238.
- Shayesteh, H., A. Rahbar-kelishami and R. Norouzbeigi. 2016. Evaluation of natural and cationic surfactant modified pumice for congo red removal in batch mode: Kinetic, equilibrium and
thermodynamic studies. J. Mol. Liq., 221(4): 1-11.
- Soltani, R. D., G.S. Khorramabad and G. Jorfi. 2014. Silica nano powders/alginate composite for adsorption of lead (II) ions in aqueous solutions. J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng., 45(2): 973–980.
- Shu, Z. and S. Wang. 2009. Synthesis and characterization of magnetic nanosized / composite particles. J. Nanometer.,1(5): 528-534.
- Badruddoza, Z.M., et al. 2011. Carboxymethyl-â-cyclodextrin conjugated magnetic nanoparticles as nano adsorbents for removal of copper ions: Synthesis and adsorption studies. J. Hazard. Mater., 185 (31): 1177–1186.
- Nassar, N. 2010. Rapid removal and recovery of Pb (II) from wastewater by magnetic nano adsorbents. J. Hazard. Mater., 184(3): 538–546.
- Mehta, D., S. Mazumdar and K. Singh. 2015. Magnetic adsorbents for the treatment of wastewater – A review. J. Water Process Eng.,7(3): 244–265.
- Chen, J., et al. 2014. Novel core-shell structured Mn-Fe/ MnO2magnetic nanoparticles for enhanced Pb (II) removal from aqueous solution. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 53(26): 10540-10548.