IJEP 43(6): 504-511 : Vol. 43 Issue. 6 (June 2023)
1. Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, Kalavakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 603 110, India
2. Jeppiaar Institute of Technology, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sriperumbuddur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 631 604, India
3. Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kalavakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 603 110, India
CuO nanoparticle, Taguchi method, Diesel engine, Peanut biodiesel, Performance and emission characteristics
- Raja, S. and M.S. Alphin. 2020. Low temperature selective catalytic reduction of NOx by NH3over Cu modified V2O5/TiO2–carbon nanotube catalyst. React. Kinet. Mech. Catal., 129 (2) : 787–804. doi: 10.10 07/s11144-020-01735-6.
- Raja, S. and M.S. Alphin. 2020. Systematic effects of Fe doping on the activity of V2O5/TiO2-carbon nanotube catalyst for NH3-SCR of NOx. J. Nanoparticle Res., 22 (7): 190. doi: 10.1007/s11051-020-04919-2.
- Devarajan, Y., et al. 2020. Feasibility study of employing diverse antioxidants as an additive in research diesel engine running with diesel-biodiesel blends. Fuel. 277:118161. doi: 10.1016/j.fuel.2020. 118161.
- Devarajan, Y., et al. 2020. Emission study on the effect of ignition improver in diesel fueled engine. Pet. Sci. Tech., 2020. doi: 10.1080/10916466. 2020.1781169.
- Kumar, M.S., et al. 2021. Evaluation of metal oxide nano particles in lemongrass biodiesel for engine performance, emission and combustion characteristics. Mater. Today Proc., 44: 3657–3665. doi: 10.1016/j.matpr.2020.10.796.
- Kumar, M.S., et al. 2020. Influence of curcumin nanoparticle blended biofuel in engine performance, combustion and exhaust emission characteristics. Mater. Today Proc., 33:4681–4685. doi: 10. 1016/j.matpr.2020.08.344.
- Aydin, M., S. Uslu and M. B. Çelik. 2020. Performance and emission prediction of a compression ignition engine fueled with biodiesel-diesel blends : A combined application of ANN and RSM based optimization. Fuel. 269:117472. doi: 10.1016/j.fuel.2020.117472.
- Simsek, S. 2020. Effects of biodiesel obtained from canola, safflower oils and waste oils on the engine performance and exhaust emissions. Fuel. 265: 117026. doi: 10.1016/j.fuel.2020.117026.
- Yesilyurt, M.K. and M. Arslan. 2019. Analysis of the fuel injection pressure effects on energy and exergy efficiencies of a diesel engine operating with biodiesel. Biofuels. 10 (5) : 643–655. doi: 10. 1080/1 7597269.2018.1489674.
- Raja, S., et al. 2022. Energy and exergy analysis and multi-objective optimization of a biodiesel fueled direct ignition engine. Results Chem., 4: 100284. doi: 10.1016/j.rechem.2022.100284.
- Manigandan, S., et al. 2019. Emission and injection characteristics of corn biodiesel blends in diesel engine. Fuel. 235: 723–735. doi: 10.1016/j.fuel.2018.08.071.
- Heidari-Maleni, A., et al. 2020. Performance improvement and exhaust emissions reduction in diesel engine through the use of graphene quantum dot (GQD) nanoparticles and ethanol-biodiesel blends. Fuel. 267:117116. doi:10.1016/j.fuel. 2020.117116.
- Bari, S. and S.N. Hossain. 2019. Performance and emission analysis of a diesel engine running on palm oil diesel (POD). Energy Procedia. 160: 92–99. doi : 10.1016/j.egypro.2019.02.123.
- Uslu, S. and M.B. Celik. 2018. Prediction of engine emissions and performance with artificial neural networks in a single cylinder diesel engine using diethyl ether. Eng. Sci. Tech. Int. J., 21(6): 1194–1201. doi: 10.1016/j.jestch.2018.08.017.
- Sathiyamoorthi, R., G. Sankaranarayanan and K. Pitchandi. 2017. Combined effect of nanoemulsion and EGR on combustion and emission characteristics of neat lemongrass oil (LGO)-DEE-diesel blend fuelled diesel engine. Appl. Therm. Eng., 112: 1421–1432. doi: 10.1016/j.applthermaleng. 2016.10.179.
- Rastogi, P.M., A. Sharma and N. Kumar. 2021. Effect of CuO nanoparticles concentration on the performance and emission characteristics of the diesel engine running on jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) biodiesel. Fuel. 286:119358. doi: 10.1016/j.fuel.2020.119358.
- Manigandan, S., et al. 2020. Effect of hydrogen and multiwall carbon nanotubes blends on combustion performance and emission of diesel engine using Taguchi approach. Fuel. 276:118120. doi: 10.1016/j.fuel.2020.118120.
- Uslu, S. and M. Aydin. 2020. Effect of operating parameters on performance and emissions of a diesel engine fueled with ternary blends of palm oil biodiesel/diethyl ether/diesel by Taguchi method. Fuel. 275:117978. doi: 10.1016/j.fuel.2020. 117978.
- Sharma, A., et al. 2018. Optimization of engine parameters using polanga biodiesel and diesel blends by using Taguchi method. Mater. Today Proc., 5 (14) Part 2: 28221–28228. DOI: 10.1016/j.matpr. 2018.10.066.
- Ayhan, V., et al. 2020. Optimization of the factors affecting performance and emissions in a diesel engine using biodiesel and EGR with Taguchi method. Fuel. 261:116371. doi:10.1016/j.fuel. 2019.116371.
- Zhang, M., et al. 2018. Combustion, performance and particulate matter emissions analysis of operating parameters on a GDI engine by traditional experimental investigation and Taguchi method. Energy Convers. Manage., 164: 344–352. doi: 10.1016/j.enconman.2018.03.017.
- Bose, P.K., et al. 2013. Multi-objective optimization of performance parameters of a single cylinder diesel engine running with hydrogen using a Taguchi-fuzzy based approach. Energy. 63: 375–386. doi: 10.1016/j.energy.2013.10.045.
- Barik, D. and S. Murugan. 2016. Effects of diethyl ether (DEE) injection on combustion performance and emission characteristics of Karanja methyl ester (KME)–biogas fueled dual fuel diesel engine. Fuel. 164:286–296. doi: 10.1016/j.fuel.2015.09. 094.
- Zhang, Z., et al. 2020. Effects of boiling heat transfer on the performance enhancement of a medium speed diesel engine fueled with diesel and rapeseed methyl ester. Appl. Therm. Eng., 169: 114984. doi: 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2020. 114984.
- Venu, H. and V. Madhavan. 2017. Influence of diethyl ether (DEE) addition in ethanol-biodiesel-diesel (EBD) and methanol-biodiesel-diesel (MBD) blends in a diesel engine. Fuel. 189: 377-390. DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2016.10.101.
- Bridjesh, P., et al. 2018. MEA and DEE as additives on diesel engine using waste plastic oil diesel blends. Sustain. Env. Res., 28 (3): 142–147. DOI: 10.1016/j.serj.2018.01.001.
- Nanthagopal, K., et al. 2019. Investigation on diethyl ether as an additive with Calophyllum inophyllum biodiesel for CI engine application, Energy Convers. Manage., 179: 104-113. doi : 10.1016/j.enc onman.2018.10.064.
- Manigandan, S., et al. 2019. Effect of addition of hydrogen and TiO2in gasoline engine in various exhaust gas recirculation ratio. Int. J. Hydrogen Energy. 44(21) : 11205–11218. doi: 10.1016/j.ijhy dene.2019. 02.179.
- Karthic, S.V. 2020. An assessment on injection pressure and timing to reduce emissions on diesel engine powered by renewable fuel. J. Clean. Prod., 255: 120186. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.120 186.
- Manigandan, S., et al. 2020. Effect of nano-particles and hydrogen on combustion performance and exhaust emission of corn blended biodiesel in compression ignition engine with advanced timing. Int. J. Hydrogen Energy. 45 (4): 3327–3339. doi: 10.1016/j.ijhydene.2019.11.172.
- Nithya, S., et al. 2019. The effect of engine emission on canola biodiesel blends with TiO2. Int. J. Ambient Energy. 40 (8): 838–841. doi: 10.1080/01430750.2017.1421583.
- Sayin, C. and M. Canakci. 2019. Effects of injection timing on the engine performance and exhaust emissions of a dual-fuel diesel engine. Energy Convers. Manage., 50(1): 203–213. doi: 10.101 6/j.enconman.2008.06.007.
- Manigandan, S., et al. 2020. Comparative study of nanoadditives TiO2, CNT, Al2O3, CuO and CeO2on reduction of diesel engine emission operating on hydrogen fuel blends. Fuel. 262: 116336. doi: 10.1016/j.fuel.2019.116336.
- Kaimal, V. K. and P. Vijayabalan. 2016. An investigation on the effects of using DEE additive in a DI diesel engine fuelled with waste plastic oil. Fuel. 180: 90–96. doi: 10.1016/j.fuel.2016.04.030.