IJEP 43(6): 538-546 : Vol. 43 Issue. 6 (June 2023)
Vandana Sethi and Yogesh Kumar Walia*
Career Point University, Department of Chemistry, School of Basic and Applied Sciences, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh – 176 041, India
Water pollution, Baddi, Riverine, Industrialization, Physico-chemical parameters, Correlation, Regression, Statistical tool
- WHO. 2011. Guidelines for drinking water quality. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- Bhandari, N.S. and K. Nayal. 2008. Correlation study on physico-chemical parameters and quality assessment of Kasi river water, Uttarakhand. E. J. Chem., 5(2):342-346.
- Pamer, E., et al. 2011. Water quality assessment in lakes of Vojvodina. Int. J. Env. Res., 5(4):891-900.
- Jarvie, H.P., B.A. Whitton and C. Neal. 1998. Nitrogen and phosphorus in east coast British rivers : Speciation, sources and biological significance. Sci. Total. Env., 210-211:79-109.
- Simeonov, V., P. Simeonova and R. Tsitouridou. 2004. Chemometric quality assessment of surface waters: Two case studies. Chem. Eng. Ecol., 11(6): 449-469.
- Mahvi, A.H., et al. 2005. Agriculture activities impact on groundwater nitrate pollution. Int. J. Env. Sci. Tech., 2(1):41-47.
- Joshi, D.M., A. Kumar and N. Agrawal. 2009. Studies on physico-chemical parameters to assess the water quality of river Ganga for drinking purpose in Haridwar district. Res. J. Chem., 2(1):195-203.
- Vutukuru, S.S. 2003. Chromium induced alterations in some biochemical profiles of the Indian major carp, Labeo rohita (Hamilton). Bull. Env. Cont. Toxicol., 70(1):118-123.
- Vie, J.C., C. Hilton-Taylor and S.N. Stuart. 2009. Wildlife in a changing world: An analysis of the 2008 IUCN red list of Threaatened species. IUCN, Gland, Switzerland.
- Adeogun, A.O., A.V. Chukwuka and O.R. Ibor. 2011. Impact of abbatoir and saw mill effluents on water quality of upper Ogun river (Abeokuta). American J. Env. Sci., 7(6):525-530.
- Malla, R., et al. 2015. Physico-chemical and oxygen-hydrogen isotopic assessment of Bagmati and Bishnumati river and the shallow groundwater along the river Corridors in Kathmandu valley, Nepal. J. Water Res. Prot., 7(17):1435-1448.
- Tapa, G.B. and J. Pal. 2014. Evaluation of physico-chemical characters of Singhla and Budhi rivers in Sunsari and Morang industrial corridor, Nepal. Int. J. Adv. Res. Bio. Sci., 1(8):104-112.
- Pant, R.R., et al. 2018. Spatio-temporal variations of hydrogeochemistry and its controlling factors in the Gandaki river basin, Central Himalaya, Nepal. Sci. Total Env., 622:770-782.
- Mulla, J.G., M. Farooqui and A. Zaheer. 2007. A correlation and regression equations among water quality parameters. Int. J. Chem. Sci., 5(2):943-952.
- Kumar, J., et al. 2005. Development of correlation between BOD and COD for refinery waste. Indian J. Env. Prot., 25(5):405-409.
- Rana, V. and Y.K. Walia. 2020. Investigation and analysis of physico-chemical parameters of underground water of Baddi-Barotiwala-Nalagarh (BBN) area. Eco. Env. Cons., 26(2):366-374.
- Herojeet, R.K., M.S. Rishi and N. Kishore. 2015. Integrated approach of heavy metal pollution indices and complexity quantification using chemo-metric models in the Sirsa basin, Nalagarh valley, Himachal Pradesh, India. Chin. J. Geo. Chem., 34(4):620-633.
- APHA, AWWA, WEF. 2012. American Public Health Association, Washington, D.C.
- IS 10500. 2012. Drinking water-specification (2nd revision). Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Kumar, N. and D.K. Sinha. 2010. Drinking water quality management through correlation studies among various physico-chemical parameters : A case study. Int. J. Env. Sci., 1(2):253-259.
- Jothivenkatachalam, K., A. Nithya and S.C. Mohan. 2010. Correlation analysis of drinking water quality in and around Perur block of Coimbatore district, Tamil Nadu, India. Res. J. Chem., 3(4):649-654.
- Dutta, B. and B. Sarma. 2018. Correlation study and regression analysis of groundwater quality assessment of Nagaon town of Assam, India. Int. J. Eng. Res. Tech., 7(6):320-331.
- Pant, V.T. and P.R. Patil. 2011. Groundwater quality of open walls and tubewells around Amalner town of Jalgaon district, Maharashtra, India. Elect. J. Chem., 8(1):53-78.
- Chhetry, D.T. and J. Pal. 2011. Physico-chemical parameters of Koshi river at Kushaha area of Kashi Tappu wildlife reserve. Our Nature. 9(1):156-167.
- Heyadri, M.M., et al. 2013. Correlation study and regression analysis of drinking water quality in Kashan city, Iran. Walailak J. Sci. Tech., 10(3):315-324.
- Saxena, S. and U. Saxena. 2016. Correlation and regression analysis of groundwater of Bassi tehsil, district Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. Int. J. Plant Animal Env. Sci., 6(1):43-57.