IJEP 43(8): 743-749 : Vol. 43 Issue. 8 (August 2023)
1. National Institute of Disaster Management, Ministry of Home Affairs, Rohini, New Delhi – 110 001, India
2. Remote Sensing Applications Center, U.P. Department of Science and Technology, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh – 226 021, India
The thrusts of industrialization are one of the major causes of geoenvironmental hazards in rural and urban areas. Environmental hazard management, assessment and prediction must be developed for prevention and mitigation of geological hazards. To enable this, datasets related to geological hazard prevention must be constructed, analyzed and distributed to public. Therefore, spatial database (SDB) including geological hazards, basic maps, damageable objects, satellite imagery, meteorological data and terrain analysis data was constructed using geospatial technologies. The geo-database is covering most areas of central portion of Lalitpur district of Bundelkhand region, Uttar Pradesh and was formed at national, regional and medium scales separately in the form of index and administrative district units. There is an urgent need for understanding, preserving and restoring natural environment around granite quarries of Durjanpura and Jugpura-Ramnagar area in the vicinity of Lalitpur town. A major tree plantation drive should be taken-up in the areas of Durjanpura and Jugpura-Ramnagar area and around Lalitpur town. Stone quarrying should be taken-up in a controlled manner. Agricultural fields and wasteland should not be used for dumping mine waste. Stone mills should not be allowed on agricultural land. Regular medical camps should be organized for the population of Durjanpura and Jugpura-Ramnagar areas to mitigate the impact of air pollution.
Geospatial technologies, Geoenvironmental hazard, Google Pro, GIS, Geoenvironment, Stone quarrying, Land forms, Landuse/land cover, Groundwater potential zones, Overburden thickness, DEM
- Aswathanarayana, U. 1995. Geoenvironment : An introduction. Routledge, London.
- Ames, C. and J. Archer. 1987. Mothers’ beliefs about the role of ability and effort in school learning. J. Edu. Psych., 79(4) : 409-414. doi: 10.1037/0022-06126.96.36.1999.
- Vartanyan, R.S., et al. 1989. Stereochemistry and biological activity of the novel narcotic analgesic fenaridine. Pharmaceutical Chem. J., 23:395-401.
- Haldar, A.L. and P. Dev. 2002. Geoenvironmental status in the regime of Govind Sagar dam, Lalitpur district, U.P. and use of remote sensing and GIS for remedial measure. Seminar on Give Earth a chance, 2002. Proceedings, pp 43-48.
- Clawson, M. and C.L. Stewart. 1965. Land use information. A critical survey of U.S. statistics including possibilities for greater uniformity. The Johns Hopkins Press for Resources for the Future, Inc.
- Burley, T. M. 1961. Land use or land utilization? Prof. Geogr., 13(6):18-20. DOI: 10.1111/j.0033-0124.1961.136_18.x.