IJEP 42(1): 80-87 : Vol. 42 Issue. 1 (January 2022)
1. Aditya Institute of Technology and Management, Department of Civil Engineering, Tekkali – 523 001, Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh, India
2. Aditya Institute of Technology and Management, Department of Environmental Studies, Tekkali – 523 001, Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh, India
3. Sri GCSR College of Educatiion, Department of Botany, Razam – 532 127, Andhra Pradesh, India
Groundwater, Water quality parameters, Water quality index, Water quality assessment, GPS receiver
- IS 10500. 2012. Specification for drinking water (second revision). Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Ramamohan, H., et al. 2016. Assessment and substantiation of groundwater quality to ascertain WQI in some selected areas of northeast coast of Srikakulam district, A.P., India. 6(5): 867-882.
- Kumar, M. and R. Kumar. 2013. Assessment of physico-chemical properties of groundwater in granite mining area in Goramachia, Jhansi, U.P., India. Int. Res. J. Env. Sci., 2(1): 19-24.
- Ramamohan, H., I. Sudhakar and S.V.M. Prasad. 2019. Groundwater quality and its role in endemic kidney diseases- A case study at northeast coast (Uddanam) of Srikakulam district. Indian J. Env. Prot., (39)8: 719-727.
- Brown, R.M., et al. 1970. A water quality index: Do we dare? Water Sewage Works. 117(10): 339-343.
- Tyagi, S., et al. 2013. Water quality assessment in terms of water quality index. American J. Water Resour., 1(3): 34-38.
- Shivasharanappa, P.S. and M.S. Huggi. 2011. Assessment of groundwater quality using water quality index at Bidar city, Karnataka. Int. J. Env. Sci., 2(2): 965-976.
- Horton, R.K. 1965. An index number for rating water quality. J. Water Poll. Control Federation. 37(3): 300-306.
- Tiwari, T.N. and M.A. Mishra. 1985. A preliminary assessment of water quality index of major Indian rivers. Indian J. Env. Prot., 5:276-279.
- Rajankar, P. 2013. Assessment of groundwater quality using water quality index (WQI) in Wardha Maharashtra. J. Env. Sci. Sustain., 1(2):49-54.
- Steinhart, C.E., L.J. Schierow and W.C. Sonzogni. 1982. Environmental quality index for the Great Lakes. Water Res. Bull., 18(6): 1025-1031.
- Bhargava, D.S. 1983. Use of water quality index for river classification and zoning of Ganga river. Env. Poll. Ser. B. England. 6(1): 51-67.
- Ongley, E. 1998. Modernization of water quality programs in developing countries: Issues of relevancy and cost efficiency. Water Qual. Int., 3(4): 37-42.
- Jena, V., S. Dixit and S. Gupta. 2013. Assessment of water quality index of industrial area surface water samples. Int. J. Chem. Tech. Res., 5(1): 278-283.
- Ott, W.R. 1978. Environmental indices: Theory and practice. Ann Arbor Science Publishers Inc., Ann Arbor.
- DEQ. 2003. Water quality index. The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality. Available at: http:// www.deq.state.or .us/ lab/ WQM/ WQI/ Wqi main.htm.
- Harkins, R.D. 1974. An index number system for rating water quality. J. Water Poll. Cont. Fed., 46(7): 588.
- Marta, T., B. Damià and T. Romà. 2010. Surface water quality indices for the analysis of data generated by automated sampling networks, TrAC trends. Anal. Chem., 29(1): 40-52.
- CGWB. 2013. Groundwater brochure, Srikakulam district, Andhra Pradesh. Central Groundwater Board, Ministry of Water Resources, Government of India.
- APHA/AWWA/WEF. 1998. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater (20th edition). American Public Health Association/American Water Works association, Water Environment Federation, Washington DC, USA. pp 235-237.
- WHO. 2017. Guidelines for drinking water quality (4th edn). World Health Organization, Geneva.
- Brown, R.M., et al. 1972. Water quality index-Crossing the psychological barrier. Proceedings of the International Conference on Water pollution research, Jerusalem. pp 787-797.
- Mufid, A. 2012. Application of water quality index to assess suitability of groundwater quality for drinking purposes in Ratmao-Pathri Rao watershed, Haridwar district, India. American J. Sci. Ind. Res., 3(6): 395-402.