IJEP 42(5): 585-590 : Vol. 42 Issue. 5 (May 2022)
1. Decembrie 1918 University, Alba Iulia, Romania
2. Clausthal University of Technology, Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany
3. Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Doctorate School of Materials and Environmental Engineering, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
4. Oltenia Energy Complex, Targu Jiu, Romania
The innovative thinking way of human beings has always supported desired increase in human’s quality of life. Nevertheless emerging industrial activities have had positive desired impacts on human’s quality of life and also negative undesired ones, especially on environment and society. Undesired impacts of conventional energy technologies have especially been perceivable on environment. In this regard chances and challenges of energy technologies during their whole life cycle should be considered, starting with corresponding energy supply systems. These systems, which are widely based on fossil fuels, since a while starting to use also renewable energy resources, have to be carefully analysed and assessed by considering assure sustainability of human society. In this regard not only technological and economic criteria have to be taken into account but also environmental and social ones. By using methods and instruments of technology assessment, environmental impacts of energy supply systems can be holistically analyzed and assessed. In this regard corresponding environmental footprint will be established for energy supply systems in the context of a Romanian case study and compared to Indian situation in this field. Optimizing odds of energy supply systems can be in this way recognized in order to minimize environmental impacts.
Energy supply system, Environmental impact, Technology assessment, Environmental footprint, Sustainable development
- Jischa, M.F. 2014. Future challenge (2nd edn). Neudruck, Springer, Spektrum Berlin, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Tulbure, I. 2003. Integrative modeling for the description of transformation processes. VDI, Dusseldorf, Germany.
- Tulbure, I. 2016. Sustainable city in Romania-From vision to reality. In Designing sustainable urban futures-Concepts and practices from different countries. Ed M. Albiez, G. Banse, K.C. Lindeman and A. Quint. KIT Scientific Publishing, Karlsruhe, Germany. pp 73-84.
- Nagel, J. 2019. Optimization of energy supply systems-Modelling, programming and analysis. Springer, Basel, Switzerland.
- Gupta, T., et al. 2020. Measurement, analysis and remediation of environmental pollution. Springer, Singapore.
- Meadows, D. 1972. Limits of growth. Universe Book, New York, USA.
- Hauff, V. 1987. Our common future. The Brundland report of the World Commission on Environment and Development. Oxford University Press, Oxford, U.K.
- City Council. 2011. Sustainable development strategy of the Alba region AIDA. Alba Region, Romania.
- Tulbure, I. 2013. Technology assessment-Lecture skript. Clausthal University of Technology, Clausthal Zellerfeld, Germany.
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. 2015. The Paris agreement. Available at : https://unfcc.int/.process-and-meetings/the-paris-agreement/.
- Tulbure, I. and M. Berca. 2020. Assessing environmental impacts of energy supply systems. ECOTERRA. 17(2):1-11.
- Volkswagen Group. 2020. The Volkswagen Group sustainability report. Wolfsburg, Germany. Available at: https://www. volkswagen ag. com/presence/nachhaltigkeit/documents/sustainability report 2020/Non financial Report 2020e. pdf.
- UNDP. 2015. Sustainability development goals. Available at : https://www.undp.org/content/undp/en /home/sustainable-development-goals.html.
- SREM. 2016. Lignitul-mining activities. Department for Mineral Energetic Resources, Bucharest, Romania. Available at: http://energie.gov.ro/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ACTIVITATEA-MINIERA-2016-20302207 2016.pdf.
- NAS. 1992. Policy implication of greenhouse warming : Mitigation adaptation and the science base. National Academy of Sciences. The National Academies Press. Available at : https://www.nap.edu/read/ 1605/chapter/29#335.
- CEO. 2020. Environmental report-2019. Oltenia Energy Complex, Targu Jiu, Romania.
- Concentration of CO2in the atmosphere. Available at : https://www.CO2. earth.
- Tulbure, I. 1997. State description and dynamics of environmentally relevant systems. Paper-plane, Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany.
- Directia Energia. 2017. Energy sector or the Oltenia Energy Complex. Available at: https://www/ceol-tenia.ro/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Organi-grama-CEO-2017.jpg.
- Chemical structure of coal. Available at: https://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/c%c4%83rbune.