IJEP 42(8): 1001-1007 : Vol. 42 Issue. 8 (August 2022)
1. Government College of Technology, Department of Environmental Engineering, Coimbatore – 641 013, Tamil Nadu, India
2. Government College of Technology, Department of Civil Engineering, Coimbatore – 641 013, Tamil Nadu, India
Electro-coagulation, Optical density, Biochar, Current density, Characterization, Adsorbent dosage
- Kumar, P.S., et al. 2017. Removal of Methylene Blue dye from aqueous solutions using Lagerstroemia indica seed (LIS) activated carbon. Int. J. Mater. Sci., 12(1):107-116.
- Moneer, A.A. and A.E. Nemr. 2012. Electro-coagulation for textile dyes removal (chapter 7). In Non-conventional textile wastewater treatment (1st edn). Ed Ahmed El Nemr. Nova Science Publishers. pp 161-204.
- Sala, M. and M.C.G. Bouzan. 2012. Electrochemical techniques in textile processes and wastewater treatment. Int. J. Photoenergy. DOI: 10.1155/2012/629103.
- Pachimatla, R., et al. 2012. Use of granular activated carbon for the enhancement of phenol removal from wastewater by electro-coagulation. Int. J. Biol. Sci. Eng., 3(3):223-228.
- Prasetyaningrum, A., et al. 2018. The influence of electrode type on electro-coagulation process for removal of chromium (VI) metal in plating industrial wastewater. J. Phys. Conf. Ser., 1025.
- Narayanan, N. V. and M. Ganesan. 2009. Use of adsorption using granular activated carbon (GAC) for the enhancement of removal of chromium from synthetic wastewater by electro-coagulation. J. Hazard. Mater., 161(1):575-580.
- Patel, N.B., B.D. Soni and J.P. Ruparelia. 2010. Studies on removal of dyes from wastewater using electro-coagulation process. Nirma University J. Eng. Tech., 1(1):20-25.
- IS 3025-1. 1987. Methods of sampling and test (physical and chemical) for water and wastewater. Part 1-Sampling. Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Yaseen, D.A. and M. Scholz. 2019. Textile dye wastewater characteristics and constituents of synthetic effluents: A critical review. Int. J. Env. Sci. Tech., 16(2):1193-1226.
- NITTTR. Environmental engineering and public health lab manual.
- IS 2490. 1974. Tolerance limits for industrial effluents discharged into inland surface waters. Part II Distillary industry (1st revision). Bureau of Indian Standard, New Delhi.
- Tran, H.N., et al. 2018. Activated carbons from golden shower upon different chemical activation methods: Synthesis and characterizations. Adsorp. Sci. Tech., 36(1-2):95-113.
- Sudarsan, J.S. and V. Srihari. 2019. Evaluation of adsorption capacity of biochar mixed substrate to treat tannery wastewater by constructed wetland. The 11th National conference on Mathematical techniques and applications. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2112(1). DOI: 10.1063/1.5112361.