IJEP 42(8): 996-1000 : Vol. 42 Issue. 8 (August 2022)
R.K. Saroj and A.K. Mishra*
Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Department of Civil Engineering, Gorakhpur – 273 010, U.P., India
For any country, water is one of the most salient features for living organism to survive on earth. It is necessary to provide water to every person. Today with rapid development, it is also necessary that water should be conserved for our future generations. For this, it is necessary to use scientific methods for the supply of water. As per study of Indian society, many places do not have proper water supply. According to recent statistics, only 18.7% of villages have safe water supply while 51.1% depends on well, river and other resources. 32% of villages don’t have any supply. The prime step of every nation is to provide safe drinking water for all. This research paper is dedicated to planning water supply for villagers using GIS techniques. During the study, detailed survey was carried out for a village named Danda Lakhaur in Dehradun district, Uttarakhand. GIS has been used for developing various thematic maps and ruling information for whole study. Planning and designing, like water distribution network, landuse and land cover map , DEM, road map, etc., were prepared by using ArcGIS software.
GIS techniques, water distribution network, Planning and designing
- Shamsi, U.M. 2004. GIS application of water distribution systems. J. Water Manage. Modeling. R220-21: 459-473. DOI: 10.14796/JWMM.R220-21.
- Mansi, et al. 2016. Planning of water distribution network; using GIS techniques. Int. J. Adv. Res. Eng. Sci. Tech., 41(2):1-6.
- Oluwaseum, O., et al. 2017. Design analysis of water distribution pipe network of royal valley housing estate in Ilorin using. ARC-GIS and EPANET. 3(2)145-55.
- Prajapati, M., et al. 2016. Planning of water distribution network, using GIS techniques. Int. J. Adv. Res. Eng. Sci. Tech., 4(2):1-6.
- Raheja, Kanu. 2015. Rural development in Haryana. Int. J. Sci. Res. Publications. 5(6):1-7.
- Rangwada, S.C. 2007. Water supply and sanitary engineering. Charotar Publishing House, Anand, India.
- IS 1172. 1993. Code of basic requirements for water supply, drainage and sanitation (4th revision) (reaffirmed 2007). Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- CPHEEO manual. Central Public Health and Environmental Engineering Organization.