IJEP 43(1): 74-79 : Vol. 43 Issue. 1 (January 2023)
1. Caritas University, Department of Industrial Chemistry, Amorji-Nike, Enugu, Nigeria
2. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Department of Pure and Industrial Chemistry, Uli, Nigeria
3. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Department of Pure and Industrial Chemistry, Awka, Nigeria
4. Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering, Enugu, Nigeria
Advanced oxidation reaction, Empirical modelling, Photo-Fenton, Tartrazine azo dye, food dye, Wastewater
- Lenntech.com. 2015. Water pollutant information. FAO. Available at: http://www.lenntech.com/water-pollutants-faq.htm#.
- Sakthivel, S., et al. 2002. Solar photocatalytic degradation of azo dye comparison of photocatalytic efficiency of ZNO and TiO2. Solar Energy Mater. Solar cells. 77:65-82.
- Jo, W. and R. Tayade. 2014. Recent developments in photocatalytic dye degradation upon irradiation with energy-efficient light emitting diodes. Chinese J. Catalysis. 35:1781-1792.
- Khera, K.S. and I.C. Munro. 1979. A review of the specifications and toxicity of synthetic food colours permitted in Canada. Critical Reviews Toxicol., 6(4):81-133.
- Miller, K. 1982. Sensitivity of tartrazine. British Medical J., 285:1597-1598.
- Koutsogeorgopoulou, L., C. Maravellas and G. Methenitou. 1998. Immunological aspects of the common food colorants, amaranth and tartrazine. Veterinary Human Toxicol., 40(1):1-4.
- Bhatia, M.S. 2000. Allergy to tartrazine in psychotropic drugs. J. Clinical Psychiatry. 61(7):473-476.
- McCann, D., et al. 2007. Food additives and hyperactive behaviour in 3-year old and 8/9-year-old children in the community : A randomised, double-blinded, placebo controlled trial. The lancet. 370 (9598):1560-1567.
- European Food Safety Authority. 2009. Scientific opinion on the reevaluation tartrazine (E102). EFSA J., 7(11):1331-1383.
- Odinma, S.C., et al. 2021. Empirical modelling and validation of classical Fenton technology for complete removal of anticonvulsant from high dosed simulated wastewater. IOSR J. Appl. Chem., 14(2 Ser. 1):25-35.
- Sultimova, N.B., P.P. Levin and O.N. Chaikovskaya. 2005. Kinetics of radical formation and decay in photo-oxidation of 4-halophenols sensitized by 4-carboxybenzophenone in aqueous solutions. Russian Chem. Bull., 54(6):1439-1444.
- Omura, K. 2008. Electron transfer between protonated and unprotonated phenoxyl radicals. J. Organic Chem., 73(3):858-867.
- Gligorovski, S. and H. Herrmann. 2004. Kinetics of reactions of OH with organic carbonyl compounds in aqueous solutions. Physical Chem. Chem. Physics. 6(16):4118-4126.
- Gligorovski, S., et al. 2015. Environmental implications of hydroxyl radicals (•OH). Chem. Reviews. 115:13051-13092.
- Odinma, S.C. 2021. Development of model and subsequent kinetic study on photo-Fenton degradation of 5-ethyl-5-phenylhexahydroprymidine
4,6-dione from pharmaceutical wastewater. J. Biodiversity Env. Sci., 19(3):7-16.
- Oller, I., S. Malato and J.A. Sanchez-Perez. 2011. Combination of advanced oxidation processes
and biological treatment for wastewater decontamination : A review. Sci. Total Env., 409:4141-4166.
- Herrmann, J.M., C. Guillard and P. Pichat. 1993. Heterogeneous photocatalysis : An emerging technology for water treatment. Catalysis Today. 17:7-20.
- Al-Dawery, S.K. 2013. Photo-catalyst degradation of tartrazine compound in wastewater using TIO2and UV light. J. Eng. Sci. Tech., 8(6):683-691.
- Baruah, S., M.N. Khan and J. Dutta. 2015. Perspectives and applications of nanotechnology in water treatment. Env. Chem. Letters. 14:1-14.
- Igoud, S., et al. 2020. Climate change adaptation by solar wastewater treatment (SOWAT) for reuse in agriculture and industry. Irrigation Drainage. 70(2):243-253.