IJEP 43(5): 456-466 : Vol. 43 Issue. 5 (May 2023)
1. Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Department of Civil Engineering, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-603 103, India
2. Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Department of Chemistry, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-603 103, India
Festival, Rubber, Plastics, Combustion, Emissions, Air pollution, Manali, Monitoring
- Dyke, P., P. Coleman and R. James. 1997. Dioxins in ambient air, bonfire night 1994. Chemosphere. 34 (5–7): 1191–1201.
- Monbiot, G. 2013. Available at : https://www. theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2013/ nov/05/ celebrate-bonfire-night-burn-toxic-waste-guy-fawkes.
- World Population Review. Chennai population 2023. Availabe at : https://worldpopulationreview.com/ world-cities/chennai-population.
- Gupta, N. S. Available at : https://timesofindia. indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Chennai-tops-in-vehicle-density/articleshow/47169619. cms. Accessed on 14.02.2022.
- The Hindu. 2019. Available at : https://www. thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/when-development-leads-to-deterioration/article29240852.ece.
- Van Duijne, R.J. 2017. What is India’s urbanization riddle? Econ. Politic. Weekly. 52: 76–77.
- Singh, C., et al. 2021. Climate change adaptation in Indian cities : A review of existing actions and spaces for triple wins. Urban Clim., 36:100783.
- Kaskaoutis, D.G., et al. 2011. Contrasting aerosol trends over South Asia during the last decade based on MODIS observations. Atmos. Meas. Tech. Discuss., 4: 5275–5323.
- Ramachandran, S., S. Kedia and R. Srivastava. 2012. Aerosol optical depth trends over different regions of India. Atmos. Env., 49: 338–347.
- Krishna Moorthy, K., et al. 2013. Build-up of aerosols over the Indian region. Geophys. Res. Lett., 40: 1011–1014.
- Dutta, S., S. Ghosh and S. Dinda. 2021. Urban air-quality assessment and inferring the association between different factors: A comparative study among Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai megacity of India. Aerosol Sci. Eng., 5: 93–111.
- Deepa, H.R. 2020. The Hindu. Available at : https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/chennais-pollution-levels-spike-as-city-celebrates-bhogi/article30565445.ece.
- Haines, A., et al. 2006. Climate change and human health: impacts, vulnerability and public health. Public Health. 120 : 585–596.
- Ebi, K.L. and J.A. Paulson. 2010. Climate change and child health in the United States. Curr. Probl. Pediatr. Adolesc. Health Care. 40: 2–18.
- Filippelli, G.M., et al. 2020. Climate change impacts on human health at an actionable scale: a state-level assessment of Indiana, USA. Climatic Change. 163:1985–2004.
- D’Amato, G., et al. 2011. Climate change, migration and allergic respiratory diseases: an update for the allergist. World Allergy Organ. J., 4: 121–125.
- Khaniabadi, O.Y., et al. 2019. Air quality modelling for health risk assessment of ambient PM10, PM2.5and SO2in Iran. Hum. Ecol. Risk Assess., 25(5):1298-1310.
- Mahapatra, A.D. and T. Ramjeawon. 2011. Prediction of ground-level concentration of sulphur dioxide downwind of an industrial estate in Mauritius using the ISCST3 model and selection of air pollution control systems. Water Air Soil Poll., 219: 203-213.
- Bader, D.C., et al. 2008. Climate models: An assessment of strengths and limitations. U.S. Climate Change Science Programme Synthesis and Assessment Product 3.1. Department of Energy, Office of Biological and Environmental Research.
- He, J., et al. 2017. Air pollution characteristics and their relation to meteorological conditions during 2014–2015 in major Chinese cities. Env. Poll., 223: 484-496.
- Singh, A., P. Pant and F. Pope. 2019. Air quality during and after festivals: Aerosol concentrations, composition and health effects. Atmos. Res., 227: 220-232.
- Adeniran, J.A., et al. 2019. Air quality assessment and modelling of pollutants emission from a major cement plant complex in Nigeria. Atmos. Poll. Res., 10(1): 257-266.
- Karthick, J., et al. 2020. Assessment of meteorological parameters for flat terrain condition by using AERMET a pre-processor dispersion model. Res. J. Chem. Env., 24(9):101-104.
- Ghenu, A., J-M. Rosant and J-F. Sini. 2008. Dispersion of pollutants and estimation of emissions in Rouen, France. Env. Model. Softw., 23(3): 314–321.
- Karthick, J. and D.R. Samuel. 2018. Behaviour and the influence of meteorological parameters towards air pollutant dispersion modelling studies, Manali industrial area, Chennai, India. Eco. Env. Cons., 24(4):1822-1828.
- Karthick, J. and D.R. Samuel. 2019. Comparative study on air contaminants discharged from several industrial stacks operated from various forms of fuels. Disaster Adv., 12 (11): 7-14.
- Dileep, G., S. Tilak and V. J. Reddy. 2020. Air pollution assessment during the festivals of Diwali and Bhogi in Visakhapatnam city. Poll. Res., 39: 143-152.
- The Hindu. 2022. Available at : https://www. thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/pollution-levels-satisfactory-on-bhogi-day-says-tnpcb/article3826 9308.ece.
- Times of India. 2022. Available at : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/bhogi-smog-milder-this-year/articleshow/88886353.cms.
- Greven, F.E., et al. 2019. Air pollution during New Year’s fireworks and daily mortality in the Netherlands. Sci. Reports. 9:5735.
- Seidel, D.J. and A.N. Birnbaum. 2015. Effects of independence day fireworks on atmospheric concentrations of fine particulate matter in the United States. Atmos. Env., 115:192-198.
- Pope, R.J., A.M. Marshall and B.O. O’Kane. 2016. Observing UK bonfire night pollution from space: Analysis of atmospheric aerosol. Weather. 71: 288–291.
- Moreno, T., et al. 2007. Recreational atmospheric pollution episodes: Inhalable metalliferous particles from firework displays. Atmos. Env., 41(5): 913-922.