IJEP 42(4): 415-423 : Vol. 42 Issue. 4 (April 2022)
1. Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board, Chennai – 600 032, Tamil Nadu, India
2. Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai – 625 015, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai city, National ambient noise monitoring network, Noise pollution, Mitigation
- Olayinka, O. S. 2012. Noise pollution in urban areas: The neglected dimensions. Env. Res. J., 6(4):259-271.
- Sen, P., et al. 2014. Noise pollution assessment in Greater Agartala city: A case study. Int. J. Res. Eng. Tech., 3(9):402-407.
- Dalal, P. 2014. Modeling and environmental impact assessment implementation by noise and air pollution reduction of Indian heavy diesel trucks on highways. Int. J. Plant Animal Env. Sci., 4(1):370-375.
- Abbaspour, M., et al. 2015. Hierarchal assessment of noise pollution in urban areas – A case study. Transp. Res., D34:95-103.
- WHO. 2004. Occupational noise assessing the burden of disease from work-related hearing impairment at national and local levels. Environmental Burden of Disease series no. 9. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- Bhatia, S.C. 2007. Textbook of noise pollution and its control. Atlantic Publishers and Distributors (P) Ltd.
- MoEF&CC, GoI. 2000. The Noise Pollution (Regulation and Control) Rules, 2000, Notification S.O. 123 (E) dated 14.2.2000. Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India.
- WHO. 2018. Environmental noise guidelines for the European region. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- Magrini, A. and A. Lisot. 2015. Noise reduction interventions in the urban environment as a form of control of indoor noise levels. 6th International Building Physics Conference, IBPC 2015. Energy Procedia. 78:1653-1658.
- Karthik, K., et al. 2015. Development of noise prediction models using GIS for Chennai city. Int. J. Emerging Tech. Adv. Eng., 5(10):245-250.
- TNPCB. 2020. Impact of Covid-19 lockdown on air quality of Chennai. Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board.
- CPCB. 2017. Status of ambient noise level in India 2017. National ambient noise monitoring network: NANMN/05/2017 (pp 20-29). Central Pollution Control Board.
- CPCB. 2000. Protocol for ambient level noise monitoring. Central Pollution Control Board.
- Lokhandwala, S. and P. Gautam. 2020. Indirect impact of COVID-19 on environment: A brief study in Indian context. Env. Res. J., 188:1-10.
- Garg, N. and S. Maji. 2016. A retrospective view of noise pollution control policy in India: Status, proposed revisions and control measures. Curr. Sci., 111(1).
- Gozalo, G. R., et al. 2020. Noise estimation using road and urban features. Sustainability. 12(21):9217. DOI: 10.3390/su12219217.
- Fajersztajn, L. 2019. Health effects of pollution on the residential population near a Brazilian airport: A perspective based on literature review. J. Transp. Health. 14.